Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home of the Porchies, the Sluts, those afflicted with Smaw Poese, the lonely bitter Hags, the Homie Ho's, the ubiquitous and somewhat cantankerous Unicorn, and anyone else who feels like an outcast from time to time.
163 comments:
good morning porchies!
hope you all have a great day!
mustard, nice to see you! i hope you are OK?!
Morning people!
Hi Fasc and Socky!
Mustard, I miss reading you around. You're nearly as invisible as your bodysuit!
Coke Iero anyone? lol
Have a great TODD Day everyone. =)
*can't resist*
TODD Day is the greatest
Day I've ever known...
;)
See you later!
Hi FASC and PP!
I miss Mustard too. I'm gonna tie her up the next time she drops in.
TODD-Daaaaaaaaay!
PP,
When I first read the title of your clicky link, I thought it said "Cookie Iero".
Wake up, Solly! Wake up!
Morning :)
Morning, RW!
Have a great day!
Morning PP! Morning Solly! Morning FASC! Morning RW! Morning Porch!
Coke Iero! I admit I didn't even notice it said 'Tastes so much like Frank' until I read it a second time. I'm slow. O_o
So it's TODD Thursday, huh? That means I have to think extra hard about something meaningful and deep.
*trys to think extra hard*
*squints eyes in frustration*
*head explodes*
X_X
I'm done for the day.
Have a great day all!
MUSTARD! I MISS YOU! FIMMY! I MISS YOU! SIS MIDNITE! I MISS YOU! PPU!
PPU?
PPU!
Just where the hell is PPU?
>_<
If you were a hostage in a bank robbery, would you be willing to sacrifice your own life to save others? Even if they were complete strangers.
Oh! Good one.
Hmmm....
I guess I would have to say yes because I wouldn't be able to stand myself if I didn't. It would be hard though. I can't lie and say I wouldn't have to think about it first. That may be bad of me to say but honestly, I don't think it would be an easy choice for anyone.
Good morning, guys!
I can be perfectly honest with this one. Hells NO. I would do everything I could to stop a murder (we actually drill stuff like this in Kung Fu!) but not at the risk of my own life and I wouldn't get all "Take me instead!" It's not a hard decision for me. I don't want to die and there are only a handful of people for whom I would say, "Hey, yeah, it's not a problem, I'll go instead!" And that handful does not include strangers. I couldn't do that to myself or to my family.
Every single day there are opportunities to die for other people. You could go offer your life up at a crack house, at a gang war, or in a meaningless war in another country. I wouldn't take any of those opportunities to die in place of others, so I doubt it would change for a bunch of law abiding American citizens at a bank either. ;D
Hey Jules! How's you?
I'm not saying I'd want to die for somebody else but if I was ever caught in that particular situation, which is like a one in a gazillion chance, I'd have to say I would.
What are you up to today?
Going to go grocery shopping and then maybe maybe maybe maybe start work on sending my stupid novel to a different publisher (but that's haaaaard!) Whatchoo doing aside from work?
I think Solly and I are going to go computer shopping later today! ^_^
My pooter crashed again yesterday. It's over 7 years old and it's just about shot. And my sissy loves me so much she wants me to be able to surf the webz all the time. ^_~
Oh my gosh, how awesome for you guys! You should totally get an Apple. Not that I have one, (but my next computer will be one!) but I've heard that they are totally awesome. Also, you don't want to get involved with Windows Vista. Everyone who has Vista hates it.
LOL @ everytime you say "pooter" because that totally means something different up here. ;D
Let me know how you guys do with that.
LOL @ everytime you say "pooter" because that totally means something different up here. ;D
I remember you mentioning that so that's why I keep saying it. Hee-hee!
Back to work for me! Later!
Do you believe it's possible to choose the perfect name for your child before he/she is born?
I honestly don't think I would be able to choose a name until I held my son/daughter in my arms and looked into their eyes.
Well, I had my son's name picked out several months before he was born. And ya know, I think the name suits him. He doesn't like it but oh well!
Hey! Back from shopping and I got an appointment for a massage tomorrow morning. They are having 30% off, yay! Watch me go and forget. O_o
hmmm, I'm not sure there is such a thing as a perfect name. Almost everyone I know hates their own name, with a few exceptions. I think if you were going to wait till your kid was born to name it, it would take more than one look to figure out the name anyway; it might take years to find something "perfect" and so I would go ahead and think up a cool name before the baby was born. ^_^
Hi errbody! *waves*
I'm in and out for now but should be around later.
A massage sounds like heaven! My left shoulder is all tight and knotty but I think that's just from playing too much Guitar Hero!
Ooops! That was me! I just re-read my comment and thought I'd better just point out I was talking figuratively not literally! Bwahaha! :D
Joe the plumber and Joe six pack.
If you were a hostage in a bank robbery, would you be willing to sacrifice your own life to save others? Even if they were complete strangers.
That's a hard one. If i was the only one that could save them and and we were all going to die anyway, then at least i think would try. The only way i know i would sacrifice my life, is for my kids.
OMG i am married to Joe Sixpack!
when you snog somebody, do you tilt your head to the right or left? what's most instinctive?
Things To Ponder
Questions You Ponder During Life...
1. Do you need a silencer if you are going to kill a mime?
2. Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
3. How does the guy who drives the snow plough get to work in the morning?
4. If 7-11 is open 24-hrs a day, 365 days a year why are there locks on the door?
5. If a cow laughed really hard, would milk come out her nose?
6. If nothing ever sticks to Teflon, how do they make Teflon stick to the pan?
7. Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
8. Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?
9. Why do "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?
10. If you can't drink and drive, why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor, and why do bars have parking lots?
11. Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
12. If you have your finger touching the mirror that says "objects in mirror are closer than they appear," how is that possible?
13. If someone invented instant water, what would they mix it with?
14. Why does your nose "run" and your feet "smell"
15. Why does an alarm clock "go off" when it begins ringing?
16. Why is it called a "building" when its already built?
17. Why do they call them apartments when they are all stuck together?
18. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
19. How can someone draw a blank?
20. What is another word for "thesaurus"?
21. If 75% of all accidents occur within 5 km's of home, why not move 10km's away?
22. When they ship Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?
to the left
question? said...
when you snog somebody, do you tilt your head to the right or left? what's most instinctive?
I am ambidextrous hahahahaha!
Twisted sister, I have pondered your things to ponder and laughed my ass off in the process.
Hi everyone, how are you all today?
your underwear doubles as your
bathing suit.
Hahahahah!
Pretty funny, TS. ^_^
Hey Misty, Hey Bean! Whatchoo guys doing? I'm drawing a crappy drawing. It's gonna suck! :D
Miss T! Hi, those were funny..i lol when i read them!
Also listening to Broken Bride. I cry like a little emo whore at the end of it.
you wear a dress that is strapless and a bra that isn't.
Hiya twisted sister. How are you sweetie. Thanks for making me laugh.
Hiya K sweetie. I'm sure your picture will be great. Gotta be better than anything I could do. Even my stick men are crap.
Hiya bean sweetie, how are you?
It's good to cry Kapunua, i used to laugh at my mom because she could cry watching a commercial....now it's sad to say...i'm turning into my mother!! LOL!
You cry K. Hahahaha!
TS, we all turn into our mothers. It's inevitable.
Yes, even with her little black heart she cries ♥
LOL TS.
Be careful or anons will say we don't love each other enough.
I know miss t its true! My mother was a yeller, and i caught myself doing the same thing. ( i am ashamed) Ha HA!
I think it's true that girls become more and more like their Ma. Fortunately mine's a decent one so I don't have too many worries. She gets emo over songs and such, too. :)
LOL miss t, i didn't think about that. They will say that twisted called kapunua a name! LOL! I ♥ eveyone!
I swear, me and mum do the same things. She will go into a room and forget while she is there.
She'll turn round and I'll be right behind her doing the same thing. Now that is scary.
LOL K, now I have an image of you and your mum blubbing on each others shoulders saying "The words are too beautiful".
LOL twisted, are you ready for the backlash, can you handle it?
My mother used to mix me and my sisters name up and i have to admit that i do it all the time.My poor kid probably thinks mom's finally lost it!
I can handle it miss t,someone already called me the b word over there the other day! LOL!
Oh man, Granny K has like a million grandkids, and she used to always get our names so mixed up that each of our names was always some sort of hybrid version of everyone else's. "Ju-Chri-Ce!" "Ce-Chri-Ju!" "Chri-Ju-Ce!" That's how we grew up.
LOL TS, not the B word.
My nan used to call us all the names of every family member before settling on one she was sure was ours. More often that not it was the dogs name she chose and he was called sabre.
Duh!
I've gotta run for a little bit, it was good talking to you miss t and kapunua! Oh yea, here is some tissues for kapunuas emo tears!♥ :)
LOL, catch ya later TS!
Misty, oh yeah, that, too! Gran also had about a thousand dogs and our names would get mixed up in there, too.
Omg miss t, you made me laugh so hard on that one ! Here sabre! LOL! You are going to the dogs!
See you later TS, lovely to see you again.
LOL K, old people are all the same. Gotta love them.
*woof woof* TS
can I have my biccie now?
Hey K, never knew you had a new job. I came out of the supermarket and saw signs up for Jules driving school.
Do you give good rates?
^_^
Bwaha, she did that when she was young, too. Now, she just straight up forgets everyone's name. ;) Well, everyone except her dog, Belle. Belle is the light of Gran's life. All these grandkids, and she lives for the dog. ;) The funny part is its an hundred + pound mastiff and Gran is 89 years old, so just picture that!
It didn't specify what I was teaching people to drive, though. O_O
Ooooooer K, the mind boggles. What are you driving? Are you good with a joystick hahahahahaha?
Your gran sounds like one cool dude.
How do you know when it's time to tune your bagpipes?
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
Does 'virgin wool' come from sheep the shepherd hasn't caught yet?
If the front of your car says 'DODGE', do you really need a horn?
What do sheep count when they can't get to sleep?
When you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Does fuzzy logic tickle?
Do blind Eskimos heave seeing-eye sled dogs?
Do they have reserved parking for non-handicap people at the Special Olympics?
How come wrong numbers are never busy?
Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?
Why call it "take" a dump, when you leave something behind?
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why do we call it a hot water heater if the water is already hot?
If you throw a cat out a car window does it become kitty litter?
If corn oil comes from corn, where does baby oil come from?
If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex in the box?
How do they get a deer to cross at that yellow road sign?
If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Is there another word for thesaurus?
Is the color orange called that because it's the color of the fruit of the same name, or was the fruit called orange because that's its color? Which came first, the color or the fruit?
After eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour before getting out of the water?
How can there be self-help "groups"?
If white wine goes with fish, do white grapes go with sushi?
If a mute swears, does his mother make him wash his hands with soap?
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Is there another word for synonym?
Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?
Just before someone gets nervous, do they experience cocoons in their stomach?
It is hard to understand how a cemetery raised its burial cost and blamed it on the cost of living.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Why is a pear called a pear when there is only one?
What do they pack Styrofoam in?
Why did God give men nipples?
Is grass really greener on the other side?
Do boxer shorts box?
Why do you wear a pair of panties and only one bra?
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
Why is it called a "near miss" when you don't hit something?
When sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their signs?
Before the light bulb was invented, what appeared over peoples heads when they had an idea?
If you spin an Oriental person around and around, does he become disorientated?
If a vegetable goes into a coma, is it called a person?
If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Why does the word monosyllabic contain five syllables?
If you wear an antennae to a wedding, would the reception be better?
Why is abbreviated such a long word?
If you put a chameleon in a mirrored box what color would it change to?
Why do people point to their wrist when they want to know the time? Do I point to my crotch when I want to know where the bathroom is?
Why is there an 's' in lisp?
If you were scared half to death twice, would you be 3/4 dead or 100% dead?
If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?
If you ate pasta and antipasti, would you still be hungry?
If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest end up drowning as well?
What should you do if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
If you asked a librarian where the books on self help were would they tell you, or would that defeat the purpose?
If ATM stands for Automatic Teller Machine, why do we call it an ATM machine? And if PIN stands for Personal Identification Number, why do we call it a PIN number?
Ha, cute! Some of those were George Carlin ones. :)
Misty, I drive an X Wing, currently. That's what I'll be teaching. ^_^
LOL for the ponders.
I love those things, too funny.
K, and if they don't do as they are told, you can king fu them into behaving.
Hell, I'll just use The Force to whoop them. ;)
I just had the nummiest sammich ever. Tofurkey, soy cheese, vegenaise, pickles, and goji berries on whole wheat.
YUM. YUM.
Sounds delish K.
I had some pancakes with golden syrup for tea. My birdie had to have some too cos it's his fave.
Ooooh, I loves pancakes. That's so cute, I share my food with my crow, too. He gets my leftovers. It makes him so happy that he screams even more. O_o
What sort of bird do you have and what's his name?
I have a cockatiel called yellers.
He likes to think he is one of us and has to have his tea at the same time as us. He has to have the same food too.
He usually has a few nibbles of what we have then he goes to his seed pot for his proper food.
He just likes to feel included.
I thought of you the other day. There is a really cool fancy dress shop and I like to pop in there. I thought I'd take a peek at their halloween stuff.
They have this stuffed crow on one of the shelves with a sign that it will attack shoplifters. It always reminds me of you and yours.
Awww, birdies are so social. ^_^ Yours sounds so cute.
Hey, I should get a sign like that. He is a guard crow. No one can go by his window without him alerting the north east. O_o
Sounds cool. Better than a burgler alarm.
My birdie can tell the sound of my sis's car and whistles to tell us she's coming before she has even turned the corner at the end of the road.
Birds make the best pets ever. They actually talk back to you. My guy likes to say pretty boy a lot.
Aww! That's cute. Mine doesn't talk much, or if he does, it's in Hawaiian. Since the day I got him when he was a baby he keeps saying "Green" in Hawaiian. O_O
The rest of the time he either screams that crow scream, or makes cute little cooing sounds. ^_^
I'm gonna go take a quick shower, Misty. Be back in a bit! :D
That is so sweet K.
The sweet noises makes up for the sqwuaking I find.
See you later K.
botches please,
fimmy is safe and not quite so.
*waves to mummy K*
You made me smile, thank you so much and i hope jules asked you about the email add
rolling out the door
booya
Argh Fimmy!!!!!!!!!!!
Huge wet sloppy snogs.
Great to see you back on solid ground. How are you sweetie?
Every single day I say to myself, "What could I possibly say that would be as funny, unique, meaningful or just plain bizarre as something Fimble Star would say?"
And every day I come up with "Absolutely nothing."
So glad you are back. ^___^ Please pester your auntie to get AIM on her computer. I miss you so effing hard. :D
K, she talks like that cos it's something they put in the water in manchester.
if i had aim, it would have to be early evening when i am awake and plus i have my laptop fixed so i can get it on whoop whoop. omg i am totally happy today omg, its madness like totally bizarre.
omg, i am so upperty maly totally dickery happy at this moment in time.
*hugs miss t*
*pokes her nose*
*laughs*
Ouch, my nose.
I am happy that you are happy.
I think this happiness is catching.
*ruffles fims hair*
you have boggies up your nose so you ae all off the hook you sheffy wag.
We are so.....
upperty maly totally dickery happy to see you! LOL!
Fimmy, I'm so glad you're happy and back where you belong, even if it is on a totally different time zone. That is where your little black mancy heart has always been. :)
I did have bogies till you went and picked my nose for me.
Now you have green fingers and not of the gardening variety.
i am happy because oh my, so many things are changing and for the better. lets just say i am off out tomorrow night and ohhhhhh so cute it makes your eyes go
0_0
hehehehehe.
i need sleep now, i am tired and plus i have my job interview. I havent caught up at mayos but i can bet i will be laughing all the way to the bank, maybe the shoe shop.
Twisted, it is super fritacaly fimtobolaus shimmitus fuckbrilly amazing to see you my yeehaa galpal.
anyhoots, my sweetest and amazing friends i will speak to you soon.
will you tell bean, solly, smok and slash that i love them and miss them.
can you please tell rw that both me and dickie miss and love her, especially her dickie.
right botches, this ird is out for the time.
oh,and because we are all dicks with clicks and we make pricks with sticks, i will say this.
I know what they did last .......
summer/ spring/ winter/ autumn
Whos knows, it is all lack of identity after all and arent we all dressing up at blue bottles at halloween? i really need an up-to-date memo on things all so wise.
peace out my furry stinky friends, just remember to turn that frown, up-side-down.
:( = :)
see, you can do it, all cheers ahead, smile baby smile, make that smelly frown be a rosy smile.
now i am really going
bye
*waves*
*blows kisses*
*throws out popcorn*
*throws out chocolate bars*
maybe you can use them? i wonder what for? hahahaha pick your minds out of the gutter.
omg, NOW i am going
arghhhhhhhhh
toodles
*kiss kiss*
LOL see you later fimmy sweetie.
My head hurts now.
OK, here's a TODD.
If there was someone who you really hated and they were really mean and nasty and you found out a way you could kill them and never be found out, would you do it?
LOL ,no i wouldn't kill them, but when they were'nt looking i would run up behind them and POW! i would knock the piss outta them!! Not really, but i would like to!LOL
super fritacaly fimtobolaus shimmitus fuckbrilly amazing
I'm stealing that.
LOL Solly and TS.
Yeah, the fucking with them is the way to go.
I would be too scared that it would be too good to be true never to be caught.
Be back later!
Yeah, MissT, like some super duper trap to catch me. Uh huh, I wouldn't fall for it, no way!
I'm making something for supper and then I'll be back.
See you later solly and TS.
My sissy loves me! ^_^
Fimmy! So good to see you back!
I'm off for a shower and I'll be back later.
Whooopeee! YAY!
See you later smoke.
I'm effing hungry again. >_<
I just had a snickers.
I am watching Rock of Love Charm School and it's so bad it's really good.
Be back in a bit!
Are you not sure that it's so bad it's bad?
Oh no, MissT, I am 100% sure that it's horrible, but it's so fun to watch!
Goodnight all.
Have a lovely night.
Those kinds of shows make me squirm.
I wish I could laugh but it's too painful.
Goodnight KD sweetie.
I ♥ Megan!
*spit*
Smoke,
Didja get AIM on there yet?
Anyone still here?
I'm here.
There is going to be a Daisy of Love ♥ Bret should of picked her.I did not like the other one!
TODDs from earlier today...
1st the hostage at the bank one, That's tough because no matter how much I'd like to think I know how I would react. There's just no telling really. When you find yourself in a situation like that, you're just liable to do the exact opposite of what you thought you would do. So as much as I would like to sit here and say that yeah I would sacrifice my own life, I really just don't know. And of the flip side of that if I sit here and tell you, hells to the nawhh that I most certainly would not risk my life, that's probably when you'd find me trying to be the hero. Gotta factor in the human factor, and fuck knows we are predictably unpredictable little creatures. So, in short, I just don't know.
2nd TODD, baby names, Alls I can say to this is thank GOD our children aren't stuck with the very first name that pops into your head, right? Like when you are 10 years old and you just have the most perfect name picked out for your little girl, Sheera Sahara.
Yeah.
Hi MissT and Twisted!
Twisted, I can't stand Daisy!
*waves to Mayo and Ann Wilson from Heart*
I think she would have been better than that prissy girl...i cant think of her name.She was that smart chick.
Amber. See, I almost forgot her fucking name.
I am just really entertained by Megan. I dunno why.
not saying brett needs a dumb chick....I ♥ brett
Yeah, me too, Twisted, I heart Bret.
*waves to C.C. Deville*
She acts like she is dumb but she rocked in I love money.She told pumkin that she needed a face lift! LOL!
i have back boobs.
Once again I am clueless.
*waves to solly and TS*
Yeah, Megan keeps me rolling.
Now, I wonder if I can stay up for Abby's last episode of ER. Hmm..
Joe the plumber doesn't pay his taxes.
She has that evil little grin :)
MissT,
Don't worry. It's just terrible reality tv, but it's so addicting.
Hi Back Boobs!
I have seen an advert for a TV show on E4 that loks quite good.
It seems that a group of people go into the big brother house and when they realise something is wrong, they get out to find that everyone are zombies.
One of them goes "does that mean we're not on TV anymore".
That's the advert, it looks quite good.
I have watched big brother before, but that one sounds alot better! I want to watch that!
LOL but it would be better if the people on BB became the zombies. most of them already are anyway.
I just got through helping LHM with his math homework.
OMG.
O_O
Gotta watch Earl and The Office now. I might see you guys a little later!
Thing that make you go hmmmm...
Why can't women put mascara on with their mouth closed?
LOL very true miss t, they could call it big zombie house! I would so watch it!
LOL TS. It's so true.
Hi again smoke.
Zombie house, yeah you should pitch it.
Ten strangers, one house,what we didn't tell them is that we picked five zombies to live with them,Who will come out with their brain and win the million dollars?
LOL that's it for sure. It'll top the ratings.
Well, I gotta hit the sack now.
Thanks for making me laugh today TS.
Nighty night all
xxxxxx
Bye miss t,sleep well.You made me laugh too♥
I'm in your room
now is this turning you on
am I turning you on?
I'm in your room
are you turned on?
I'm on the corner of your bed,
I'm thinking maybe,
are you turned on,
are you turned on?
Well quite frankly....yes :)
My keyboard is so quiet now.
I'm like a ghost-typer-writer. O_O
He won't let me look at the computer for more than 10 seconds.
O_O
LOOK AT THE TV! WATCH THIS! LOOK! LOOK! LOOK! DID YOU SEE?
ARRRGHHH!
Good grief!
American Chopper.
>_<
Grrr.
I'm wandering around Bloggertown tonight. I'm hungry as fuck.
Oh well, oh well, oh well.
Time for ER and a snack!
LEATHERMOUTH signs to Epitaph Records!
Whoohoo! I'll get to hear Leviathan again eventually! :)
YAY!
Well, I'm outta here. See you guys tomorrow!
Sweet dreams!
I'm hungry, too, damn!
Princess, you got your new computer? :)
OMG, I just saw the funniest thing, the two candidates doing comedy routines at a charity dinner.
RIght now it's Countdown with Keith Olbermann. I love him. :D
Baudelaire, dude, les Fleurs du mal! ^_^ Mayo picked a good choice.
Let poetry flow here tomorrow, folks! :)
Yep, yep Jules! Poetry it is!
*waves*
Want to copy and paste some more? We've been doing poetry and song lyrics and TODD and random movie quotes for the past 3 days now.
Oh my gosh, SOlly, they are insane.
And you know, the punchline is that I have yet to get a single honest--honest--response, as to why our poetry and games were "blather."
And why people can't just scroll past it if they don't like it.
What do you think of the title and the PS?
Oh, check you guys's emails!
Ah well, we'll just do it over here, Jules and they can watch or participate if they like.
And yeah, I still don understand either.
Poetry is poetry no matter where you put it. ^_^ Or indeed how much of it there is.
Some anon just called us whores. LOL @ anons who think they are the only ones who speak French. ;)
Makes me want to dig into my mind and see what I will find.
Just saying...
It's a hot mess up there.
Shoots, an anon said "Don't feel badly" and I am struggling not to "blather" some eeeevil movie quotes. OMG, the Harmony Faith Lane in my wants to answer "Badly is an adverb" etc. O_o
Anons gone wild! LOL!
Badly is an adverb. So to say you feel badly would be saying that the mechanism which allows you to feel is broken.
Whoop whoop!
Its a jungle out there! O_O
It so is.
Ah well! I am going to eat my pomegranate and
TA WATH!
Tomorrow, I might even quote some...
(OMG, don't make me say it!)
*small voice*
X Files quotes.
O_O
I hope you guys don't die from it. ;)
Good night!
^_^
Yeah, ER is done and Abby is gone and yeah, I got a tad bit emo about the whole thing.
Night, Guys!
Goodnight! :)
Her best-known poem might be "First Fig" from A Few Figs from Thistles (first published in 1920):
First Fig
My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends---
It gives a lovely light
And with that, I am off for the night!
Credit Edna St. Vincent Millay up above, duh.
You ladies hang in there. I am looking forward to reading your poetry tomorrow. Let's see some original work too.
You are lovely literate ladies. If other people don't get that..... their loss.
The Ladies of Literature.
Hello ladie's.
I think I will be reading over here too when I do come to Blog believe.
I can't believe what it has turned into over there. It was once so beautiful.
I would love for you go back in there with a burning flag and bring your words back into Mayo's blog.
But.... I understand.
Ladies not ladie's, sorry...
Good morning porch!!!!
question for you,
Why is 12 hours of talking by us (hardly talking for most of it because people work) totally the end of the world and blown up so much yet, 12 hours talking from the other people is a-ok by some.
I mean, seriosuly, i still dont get it. Just because some people didnt like what we posted meant they were abel to turn into a bully and call us out on it. because that is what it is, bullying.
So, people can post 12 hours of their own comments, their own thoughts and opinions and they are able to talk to THEIR friends but we have to suck it up and stop being ourselves just so that the others can talk their comments.
i am really sorry but that pisses me off because it is not fair and it doesnt matter if someone said it was fair, it is COMMON SENSE that it isnt fair that one group of people can say what the hell they want, yet, another group cant say dicky.
i know someone people do not like what we post, but some people may not like what they post and when someone tells them to stop posting what they post, they dont do it and why should they. no one should tell anyone what to post and what not to post.
urgh, i just dont understand anymore.
a cloud of dusk
i can't see anymore
i missed every Memphis angel
because of the because clauses--
one night sleeping with two cats
Big and Little
and I am serious about these names
i had a vision reading a John Irving book
i did not want to read never persumed i would read
more than a few pages
there were hallway lights and people's voices
shivering through a downstairs window
i could not put the book down either
even though i literally wanted to put it down
sometimes--i hate that word-- i went to a meeting
nearby and i was accidentally or coincidentally on this street
so much i began to think maybe i belong here
i kissed the back of someone's hand
i kissed the hand when it turned back to me
i made sure no page was facing me when i read
and that no one would see what i saw or feel what i felt
i am on a drive where a mirror has collapsed
i want to ask someone else without sight
-michael burkard
(hope you are all well.)
Post a Comment