Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Open Mic Wednesday

Sing a song.
Recite a poem.
Post some videos.
Show us some pictures.
Tell a story.
Babble and ramble.


The stage is yours.


p.s. MUSSSSSSSSSSSTARRRRRRRRRD!

114 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're the best partners this world's ever seen,
Together as close as can be.
But sometimes it's hard to find time in between,
To tell you what you mean to me.

You are the rose of my heart,
You are the love of my life.
A flower not fading nor falling apart,
If you're tired, rest your head on my arm.
Rose of my heart.

When sorrow holds you in its arms of clay,
It's rain drops that fall from your eyes.
Your smile's like the sun come to earth for a day,
You brighten my blackest of skies.

You are the rose of my heart,
You are the love of my life.
A flower not fading nor falling apart,
If you're cold, let my love make you warm.
Rose of my heart.

So hard times or easy times, what do I care,
There's nothing I'd change if I could.
The tears and the laughter are things that we share,
Your hand in mine makes it good.

You are the rose of my heart,
You are the love of my life.
A flower not fading nor falling apart,
If you're cold, let my love make you warm.
Rose of my heart.

You are the rose of my heart,
You are the love of my life.
A flower not fading nor falling apart,
If you're cold, let my love make you warm.
Rose of my heart.

farawaysoclose said...

hello hello porchies!!

good morning solly!

Anonymous said...

Throw it all away
Lets lose ourselves
Cause there's no one left for us to blame
Its a shame we're all dying
And do you think you deserve your freedom

How could you send us all far away from home
When you know damn well that this is all
I would still lay down my life for you

And do you think you deserve your freedom
No I dont think you do

Theres no justice in the world

Theres no justice in the world

And there never was

sdock10 said...

Whoop! Whoop!

Good Morning, FASC!

How's your day going?

farawaysoclose said...

nice!

farawaysoclose said...

hey solly!!

all good here. gotta go pick my lad up in 5 mins!!

farawaysoclose said...

so good!

sdock10 said...

FASC,

I ♥ you! Thank you for always, ALWAYS making me smile!

Anonymous said...

When I offer you survival
You say it's hard enough to live
It's not so bad, it's not so bad
How do you know that you're right?

I walk on the roadside
In the land of the free ride
I can't pull it any longer
The sun is beating down my neck

So I ran with the devil
Left a trail of excuses
Like a stone on the water
The elements decide my fate
Watch it go

When I offer you survival
You say it's hard enough to live
Don't tell me that it's over
Stand up for a time
But more than this

How do you know that you're right?
If you're not nervous anymore
It's not so bad, it's not so bad

I feel my vision slipping in and out of focus
I'm pushing on for that horizon
I'm pushing on
Now Ive got that blowing wind against my face

So you sling rocks at the rip tide
Am I wrong or am I right?
I hit the bottom with the hook
Quite strange
I get my glory in the desert rain
Watch it go
When I offer you survival


When I offer you survival
You say it's hard enough to live
And I'll tell you when it's over
Shut up for a time
But more than this

How do you know that you're right?
If you're not nervous anymore
It's not so bad, it's not so bad

Higher and higher
We're gonna take it
Down to the wire
We're gonna make it
Out of the fire
Higher and higher

Higher and higher
We're gonna take it
Down to the wire
We're gonna make it out
Whoa-oh-oh Higher and higher

It ain't hard to hold
When it shines like gold
You'll remember me

Anonymous said...

I like the Johnny Cash lyrics you posted sdock.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Smoke said...

Oh! Sonofabitch! It was just supposed to be White Moon! O_O

Morning errbody!

I'm effing up already. That's not a good sign.

Gah!

Anonymous said...

White Moon

White moon, white moon
Breaks open the tomb
Of a deserted cartoon that I wrote
Creature come, creature, creature
My own double feature
As I'm warming the bleachers at home
Well, my nose keeps on bleeding
'Cause it's rita I'm needing
I better call out a meeting of the boys
Of the boys
My friends are all dying
And death can't be lying
It's the truth and it don't make a noise
Oh Rita, oh Rita
If you lived in mesita
I would move you with the beat of a drum
And this picture is proof
That although you're aloof
You had the shiniest tooth 'neath the sun
Easy come, easy go
Be a star of the show
I'm giving up all I know to get more
To get more
Photograph the picture
Young grunt pin-up scripture
For locker-tagged memories of war
A mirage, this garage
And a photo montage
And a finger massage from the host
Good lord, good lord
The one I adore
And I cannot afford is a ghost
Is a ghost
Proto-social is the word
And the word is the bird
That flew through the herd in the snow
In the snow
Lemonade me, then grade me
Then deliver my baby
And if my friends all persuade me, I'll go
Blink, blink at me Rita
Don't you know I'm a bleeder?
And I promised I wouldn't lead her on
But she met me, then led me
And I ate what was fed me
'Til I purged every word in this song

Smoke said...

There! Damn it!

sdock10 said...

Thanks! Johnny Cash owns most of my soul.

"White Moon"! FTW!

sdock10 said...

That's weird, Smoke. I didn't know that was you or that you were going for "White Moon" until after I came back and read you.

We really do share a brain!

Anonymous said...

Hi Solly, I am safe and sound. I can't get on comp, yet can you let everyone know I am ok? Thank you, hun. Love Fimmy x x

resurrected wreck said...

Morning :)

resurrected wreck said...

Gotta dash...

Have a good day, all! ^_^

resurrected wreck said...

*squeezes Fimmy from afar*

Anonymous said...

The cup is not half empty as pessimists say
as far as he sees nothing's left in the cup
A whole cup full of nothing for him to indulge
since the voice of ambition has long since been shut up

A singer, a writer,
he's not dreaming now of going no where
he gave heed to nothing
and all that he was is just a tragedy

So he voyages in circles succeeds getting nowhere
and submits to the substance that first got him there, there, there, there

violent frustration
he cries out to God or just no one
is there a point to this madness
and all that he was is just a tragedy

He feels alone
His heart in his hand
He's alone
He feels like
I feel

Then on that last day he breaks
and he stood tall
then he yelled, then he yelled,
and took his life
(Why world? WHY WORLD?? Hate you! HATE YOU!!! BYE WORLD!!!!!!)

violent frustration
he cries out to God or just no one
is there a point to this madness
and all that he was is just a tragedy

farawaysoclose said...

i never thought i would have such a thing for sweaty men with tattoos! my taste in guys has changed along with my palate!


click

click

click

last one!

farawaysoclose said...

3 outa 4 aint bad!!

the first one is too nice yes?!

glad fimmy is safe!

*waves to fim*

farawaysoclose said...

nice lyrics!

hey i have just come back from the supermarket and i browsed through today's Kerrang whilst there.

anyway there is a little question piece with Bert McCracken and they ask him his favourite joke! and it's the same favourite joke as my favourite joke!! i was like WOW!

it's the one involving a little boy, his naked mother, a supposed accident by the boy's father with an axe, and the use of the word c**t!!

yes i am vile but hey Bert loves it too!

Anonymous said...

Hang

She grabs her magazines
She packs her things and she goes
She leaves the pictures hanging on the wall, she burns all
Her notes and she knows, she's been here too few years
To feel this old

He smokes his cigarette, he stays outside 'till it's gone
If anybody ever had a heart, he wouldn't be alone
He knows, she's been here too few years, to be gone

And we always say, it would be good to go away, someday
But if there's nothing there to make things change
If it's the same for you I'll just hang

The trouble understand, is she got reasons he don't
Funny how he couldn't see at all, 'til she grabbed up her coat
And she goes, she's been here too few years to take it all in stride
But still it's much too long, to let hurt go (you let her go)
And we always say, it would be good to go away, someday
But if there's nothing there to make things change
If it's the same for you I'll just hang
The same for you
I'll always hang
Well I always say, it would be good to go away
But if things don't work out like we think
And there's nothing there to ease this ache
But if there's nothing there to make things change
If it's the same for you, I'll just hang

Smoke said...

Hi FASC!

Fimmy! I ♥ you and I miss you!

MUSTARD! WHERE THE EFF ARE YOU???

Anonymous said...

Zero

My reflection, dirty mirror
There's no connection to myself
I'm your lover, I'm your zero
I'm in the face of your dreams of glass
So save your prayers
For when we're really gonna need'em
Throw out your cares and fly
Wanna go for a ride?

She's the one for me
She's all I really need
Cause she's the one for me
Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanliness
And cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like me
Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Bullshit fakers, enchanted kingdoms
The fasion victims chew their charcoal teeth
I never let on, that I was on a sinking ship
I never let on that I was down
You blame yourself, for what you can't ignore
You blame yourself for wanting more
She's the one for me
She's all I really need
She's the one for me
She's my one and only

Smoke said...

Okay, I suppose I should go to work at some point today.

Bleh.

Have a great day errbody!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Time is never time at all
You can never ever leave without leaving a piece of youth
And our lives are forever changed
We will never be the same
The more you change the less you feel

Believe, believe in me, believe
Believe that life can change
That youre not stuck in vain
Were not the same, were different tonight
Tonight, so bright
Tonight

And you know youre never sure
But youre sure you could be right
If you held yourself up to the light
And the embers never fade in your city by the lake
The place where you were born

Believe, believe in me, believe
Believe in the resolute urgency of now
And if you believe theres not a chance tonight
Tonight, so bright
Tonight

Well crucify the insincere tonight
Well make things right, well feel it all tonight
Well find a way to offer up the night tonight
The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight
Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Twisted Sister said...

I found this story and i have to say,I will never eat mayo again!



The Horror Behind Mayonnaise
by Daniel and Muneerah
(Compton, California)

Let me tell you about a girl named Sonia, she loved mayonnaise. Sonia would put mayonnaise on everything. She loved mayonnaise so much, that she would eat it by itself.

Then, one night she decided to eat mayonnaise by itself. She opened a full jar of mayonnaise and ate half of it. So she went to bed and the next morning she found that the jar of mayonnaise was full. Through the day she put mayo on everything she ate.

That night she couldn't resist eating mayo. She said, "mmmmmm, it's so good!" She licked her fingers clean. She got sleepy and went to bed. The next morning she saw that the jar of mayo was full again. She was surprised to see it full! Sonia said in a loud voice, "I know that I ate half of the mayo! I've got to see what's going on! I'll see tonight!"

That night Sonia ate half of the mayo again. Her kitchen has enough room for three people. Sonia's fridge was at the far end of the kitchen near the sink. She decided to hide near the door. She was starting to get tired and fell asleep.

Sonia heard the fridge open and slowly got up. Slowly she walked to the fridge, but couldn't see. Quietly she open the fridge door. Her eyes were wide open with horror. She held her mouth so she wouldn't scream. There stood a small man with a little sleeveless shirt and shorts with pimples all over his body. Sonia saw him squirting puss from his pimples, and kept on growing them every time he popped each one. He was mixing it in with the mayo that was left and laughing wickedly. He was so distracted he didn't notice Sonia standing there. He stood in silence and panic....So he ran as fast as he could. She let out a loud scream, "Aghhh!" Ever since then she never saw him again.

Word of advise if your jar of mayo is half way finished and it some how got mysteriously full. You know it is the weird little man with pimples all over his body. Every time someone sees him, he escapes and invades another house.

Who knows! Your house could be next!

sally said...

Morning all.

Have a great day.

Are you listenin' now?
Are you feelin' that way
Are you terrified?
Of wakin' up too tired to try again?

Are you happy now
That you've shut yourself down
Are you paralyzed
By all the nonsense that's gone down

I know you're gonna see these things some day

Sorry-eyed we spent so much of your time
Now I'm tryin' to put your riddle to rhyme
Now it's up up up I'm headin' for this evenin'
And it's up up up I'm headed for the clouds

Comin' down ain't the worst part
It only takes a second
To make a change that's gonna last

I hope you're gonna see these things some day
So don't stop lookin' for that light along the way

Sorry that we've spent so much of your time
Now I'm tryin' to pur your riddle to a rhyme
Now it's up up up and headin' for this evenin'
And it's up up up I'm headed for the clouds

Anonymous said...

Hello, everyone!

FIMMY IS AT HOME! YAY!

Now, we just have to find Mustard! TS, that story almost made me vom. O_o KD, good to see you 'round these parts.

I'm going to post something to Mayo and S(S)S and then I'm going to post it over here, too. I gots lots to post today! ^_^

Hope you are all doing well. See ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Here's one of the things I posted to Mayo and S(S)S. I feel like this is us. It's by Leonard Cohen and he spoke this at his acceptance speech when he was inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame. ^_^


Well my friends are gone and my hair is grey
I ache in the places where I used to play
And I'm crazy for love but I'm not coming on
I'm just paying my rent every day
Oh in the tower of song
...

I was born like this, I had no choice
I was born with the gift of a golden voice
And twenty-seven angels from the great beyond
They tied me to this table right here
In the tower of song

So you can stick your little pins in that voodoo doll
I'm very sorry, baby, doesn't look like me at all

I'm standing by the window where the light is strong
Ah they don't let a woman kill you
Not in the tower of song
...

I see you standing on the other side
I don't know how the river got so wide
I loved you baby, way back when
And all the bridges are burning that we might have crossed
But I feel so close to everything that we lost

Well never have to lose it again

Now I bid you farewell, I don't know when I'll be back
There moving us tomorrow to that tower down the track
But you'll be hearing from me baby, long after I'm gone
I'll be speaking to you sweetly
From a window in the tower of song

Anonymous said...

Do not act out words. Never act out words. Never try to leave the floor when you talk about flying. Never close your eyes and jerk your head to one side when you talk about death. Do not fix your burning eyes on me when you speak about love. If you want to impress me when you speak about love put your hand in your pocket or under your dress and play with yourself. If ambition and the hunger for applause have driven you to speak about love you should learn how to do it without disgracing yourself or the material.

What is the expression which the age demands? The age demands no expression whatever. We have seen photographs of bereaved Asian mothers. We are not interested in the agony of your fumbled organs. There is nothing you can show on your face that can match the horror of this time. Do not even try. You will only hold yourself up to the scorn of those who have felt things deeply. We have seen newsreels of humans in the extremities of pain and dislocation. Everyone knows you are eating well and are even being paid to stand up there. You are playing to people who have experienced a catastrophe. This should make you very quiet. Speak the words, convey the data, step aside. Everyone knows you are in pain. You cannot tell the audience everything you know about love in every line of love you speak. Step aside and they will know what you know because you know it already. You have nothing to teach them. You are not more beautiful than they are. You are not wiser. Do not shout at them....

What is our need? To be close to the natural man, to be close to the natural woman. Do not pretend that you are a beloved singer with a vast loyal audience which has followed the ups and downs of your life to this very moment. The bombs, flame-throwers, and all the shit have destroyed more than just the trees and villages. They have also destroyed the stage. Did you think that your profession would escape the general destruction? There is no more stage. There are no more footlights. You are among the people. Then be modest. Speak the words, convey the data, step aside. Be by yourself. Be in your own room. Do not put yourself on.

This is an interior landscape. It is inside. It is private. Respect the privacy of the material. These pieces were written in silence. The courage of the play is to speak them. The discipline of the play is not to violate them. Let the audience feel your love of privacy even though there is no privacy. Be good whores. The poem is not a slogan. It cannot advertise you. It cannot promote your reputation for sensitivity. You are not a stud. You are not a killer lady. All this junk about the gangsters of love. You are students of discipline. Do not act out the words. The words die when you act them out, they wither, and we are left with nothing but your ambition....

The poem is nothing but information. It is the Constitution of the inner country. If you declaim it and blow it up with noble intentions then you are no better than the politicians whom you despise. You are just someone waving a flag and making the cheapest kind of appeal to a kind of emotional patriotism. Think of the words as science, not as art. They are a report. You are speaking before a meeting of the Explorers' Club of the National Geographic Society. These people know all the risks of mountain climbing. They honour you by taking this for granted. If you rub their faces in it that is an insult to their hospitality. Tell them about the height of the mountain, the equipment you used, be specific about the surfaces and the time it took to scale it. Do not work the audience for gasps and sighs. If you are worthy of gasps and sighs it will not be from your appreciation of the event but from theirs. It will be in the statistics and not the trembling of the voice or the cutting of the air with your hands. It will be in the data and the quiet organization of your presence.

Avoid the flourish. Do not be afraid to be weak. Do not be ashamed to be tired. You look good when you're tired. You look like you could go on forever. Now come into my arms. You are the image of my beauty.

Anonymous said...

This was my poem to the very nice Shakespeare Anonymous who I suspect was also Calaf and Spooky anon etc. Although I am totally not sure about that so I'm posting it here, too. I've changed the links because the old ones didn't work. When I wrote this, Blogger had all the comments on one page; it was before the 200 comments thing. :)


In BlogBelieve, through words, for months now we've liaised,
and once or twice (or thrice) you've managed to color me amaaaayzed.

My question was a secret, your answer was dead-on(1)*
You ended not with a jade's trick, but with more of this anon.

I think you must be Spooky, or else some kind of seer,
A vague, mysterious ally who knows his or her Shakespeare.

I sometimes have suspected that all nice anons were you--
I'm pretty sure you're Calaf(2)*; were you Leonato, too?(3)*

You're as intriguing as our host, and he's often far away,
and his grace is far too costly for us to wear everyday.

If you're not all those people I will not be disenchanted,
for I still have all the thoughtful quotes and words that you have granted.

You always seem to show up when I need a few kind words,
and you always make me smile; you're my fellow English nerd.

You surely are too kind, and I'm not sure what you see:
'tis not my glass, but you, anon, who always flatters me.

I picture you in olde tymes, writing poems and drinking meade,
but the only thing I know is your connection's not high-speed.

I like your cloak and mask, and I partly don't want to know
if you're a housewife in Seattle or a hot guy in Kyoto.

But if it all comes tumbling down and BlogBelieve goes to hell,
You know I'll finally ask you: Hey Calaf, A/S/L?








(1)*November 25, 2007 12:25 PM
(2)*November 18, 2007 1:57 PM
(3)*November 26, 2007 1:59 AM



(You also said,
I would prefer to remain anonymous. Yes, but not in the way you think, and not about Pretty.

Color me amaaaazing.

November 25, 2007 12:25 PM


Remember that?)

Twisted Sister said...

♥ Waves to fimmy ♥

Twisted Sister said...

Kapunua, from now on i will stick with mustard.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, no kidding!

I'm gonna have breakfast. Back later!

Anonymous said...

I'm going out today guys, but I'll be back later. :D See you guys in a while! hope you're all having a great day. ^_^

Anonymous said...

By the way, thank you to whoever posted Soldier's Poem. That one gives me the shivers!

Anonymous said...

Seether - Breakdown.

The sun is gone and the flowers rot
Words are spaces between us
And I should have been drown in the rivers I found of token lost
And I should have been down when you made me insecure

So break me down if it makes you feel right
And hate me now if it keeps you alright
You can break me down if it takes all your might
Cause I'm so much more than meets the eye

And I'm the one you can never trust
Cause wounds are ways to reveal us
And yeah I could have tried and devoted my life to both of us
But what a waste of my time when the world we had was yours

So break me down if it makes you feel right (so break me down)
And hate me now if it keeps you alright (so break me down)
You can break me down if it takes all your might
Cause I'm so much more than all your lies

Hate me, break me down. (so break me down)
So break me down if it makes you feel right (so break me down)
And hate me now if it keep you alright (so break me down)
You can break me down if it takes all your might
Cause I'm so much more than meets the eye.

Anonymous said...

Call It A Day

Can we call it a day
Now would that be okay
Can we just go our own separate ways

Cause I'm cold and I'm wet
And I'm willing to bet
That you constructed this maze

I stumble around
Trying to follow the sound
Then something takes hold of my hand

If you've caused such a mess
And I'd venture to guess
That you concocted this plan

And I don't know what to do
Cause it's always been you
Who helped me to make up my mind

But I'll stake my life
And I'll swear by this knife
That it's all by your design

Enough has been said
It goes around in my head
Until I break down and cry

I wouldn't be surprised
If that look in your eyes
Was your way of saying goodbye

Can we call it a day
Now would that be okay
Can we just go our own separate ways
Cause I'm cold and I'm wet
And I'm willing to bet
That you constructed this maze

My hand

You concocted this plan

I don't know what to do
Cause it's always been you
Who helped me to make up my mind

But I'll stake my life
And I'll swear by this knife
That it's all by your design
Yeah, it's all by your design

Anonymous said...

Very terrible was the sound of rain...
Of what was I thinking
All the long night through
Listening to the rain against the window?


I was sheltered, but the storm was in my heart.

Anonymous said...

"In Youth I Have Known One"

How often we forget all time, when lone
Admiring Nature's universal throne;
Her woods - her winds - her mountains - the intense
Reply of Hers to Our intelligence!

I.

In youth I have known one with whom the Earth
In secret communing held - as he with it,
In daylight, and in beauty, from his birth:
Whose fervid, flickering torch of life was lit
From the sun and stars, whence he had drawn forth
A passionate light - such for his spirit was fit -
And yet that spirit knew - not in the hour
Of its own fervour - what had o'er it power.

II.

Perhaps it may be that my mind is wrought
To a fever by the moonbeam that hangs o'er,
But I will half believe that wild light fraught
With more of sovereignty than ancient lore
Hath ever told - or is it of a thought
The unembodied essence, and no more
That with a quickening spell doth o'er us pass
As dew of the night time, o'er the summer grass?

III.

Doth o'er us pass, when as th' expanding eye
To the loved object - so the tear to the lid
Will start, which lately slept in apathy?
And yet it need not be - (that object) hid
From us in life - but common - which doth lie
Each hour before us - but then only bid
With a strange sound, as of a harpstring broken
T' awake us - 'Tis a symbol and a token -

IV.

Of what in other worlds shall be - and given
In beauty by our God, to those alone
Who otherwise would fall from life and Heaven
Drawn by their heart's passion, and that tone,
That high tone of the spirit which hath striven
Though not with Faith - with godliness - whose throne
With desperate energy 't hath beaten down;
Wearing its own deep feeling as a crown.

Anonymous said...

Ulalume

The skies they were ashen and sober;
The leaves they were crisped and sere-
The leaves they were withering and sere;
It was night in the lonesome October
Of my most immemorial year;
It was hard by the dim lake of Auber,
In the misty mid region of Weir-
It was down by the dank tarn of Auber,
In the ghoul-haunted woodland of Weir.

Here once, through an alley Titanic,
Of cypress, I roamed with my Soul-
Of cypress, with Psyche, my Soul.
There were days when my heart was volcanic
As the scoriac rivers that roll-
As the lavas that restlessly roll
Their sulphurous currents down Yaanek
In the ultimate climes of the pole-
That groan as they roll down Mount Yaanek
In the realms of the boreal pole.

Our talk had been serious and sober,
But our thoughts they were palsied and sere-
Our memories were treacherous and sere-
For we knew not the month was October,
And we marked not the night of the year-
(Ah, night of all nights in the year!)
We noted not the dim lake of Auber-
(Though once we had journeyed down here),
Remembered not the dank tarn of Auber,
Nor the ghoul-haunted woodland of Weir.

And now, as the night was senescent,
And star-dials pointed to morn-
As the star-dials hinted of morn-
At the end of our path a liquescent
And nebulous lustre was born,
Out of which a miraculous crescent
Arose with a duplicate horn-
Astarte's bediamonded crescent
Distinct with its duplicate horn.

And I said- "She is warmer than Dian:
She rolls through an ether of sighs-
She revels in a region of sighs:
She has seen that the tears are not dry on
These cheeks, where the worm never dies,
And has come past the stars of the Lion,
To point us the path to the skies-
To the Lethean peace of the skies-
Come up, in despite of the Lion,
To shine on us with her bright eyes-
Come up through the lair of the Lion,
With love in her luminous eyes."

But Psyche, uplifting her finger,
Said- "Sadly this star I mistrust-
Her pallor I strangely mistrust:-
Oh, hasten!- oh, let us not linger!
Oh, fly!- let us fly!- for we must."
In terror she spoke, letting sink her
Wings until they trailed in the dust-
In agony sobbed, letting sink her
Plumes till they trailed in the dust-
Till they sorrowfully trailed in the dust.

I replied- "This is nothing but dreaming:
Let us on by this tremulous light!
Let us bathe in this crystalline light!
Its Sybilic splendor is beaming
With Hope and in Beauty to-night:-
See!- it flickers up the sky through the night!
Ah, we safely may trust to its gleaming,
And be sure it will lead us aright-
We safely may trust to a gleaming
That cannot but guide us aright,
Since it flickers up to Heaven through the night."

Thus I pacified Psyche and kissed her,
And tempted her out of her gloom-
And conquered her scruples and gloom;
And we passed to the end of the vista,
But were stopped by the door of a tomb-
By the door of a legended tomb;
And I said- "What is written, sweet sister,
On the door of this legended tomb?"
She replied- "Ulalume- Ulalume-
'Tis the vault of thy lost Ulalume!"

Then my heart it grew ashen and sober
As the leaves that were crisped and sere-
As the leaves that were withering and sere-
And I cried- "It was surely October
On this very night of last year
That I journeyed- I journeyed down here-
That I brought a dread burden down here-
On this night of all nights in the year,
Ah, what demon has tempted me here?
Well I know, now, this dim lake of Auber-
This misty mid region of Weir-
Well I know, now, this dank tarn of Auber,
This ghoul-haunted woodland of Weir."

Anonymous said...

In her deserted house
She gazes at the moon–
He is not coming
And she cannot reveal her heart–
There is none who will listen.

Anonymous said...

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

Anonymous said...

Whoop whoop! I bought a really cute autumn crocus, and then I went crazy and repotted TONS of stuff in my sunroom. It looks really crowded in there now but it always does in the fall / winter. ^_^

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! One of you guys posted Izumi Shikibu! :D She is absolutely one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

he Darkling Thrush

I leant upon a coppice gate When Frost was spectre-gray,
And Winter's dregs made desolate
The weakening eye of day.
The tangled bine-stems scored the sky
Like strings of broken lyres,
And all mankind that haunted nigh
Had sought their household fires.

The land's sharp features seemed to be
The Century's corpse outleant,
His crypt the cloudy canopy,
The wind his death-lament.
The ancient pulse of germ and birth
Was shrunken hard and dry,
And every spirit upon earth
Seemed fervourless as I.

At once a voice arose among
The bleak twigs overhead
In a full-hearted evensong
Of joy illimited;
An aged thrush, frail, gaunt, and small,
In blast-beruffled plume,
Had chosen thus to fling his soul
Upon the growing gloom.

So little cause for carolings
Of such ecstatic sound
Was written on terrestrial things
Afar or nigh around,
That I could think there trembled through
His happy good-night air
Some blessed Hope, whereof he knew
And I was unaware.

Anonymous said...

For you --

You are thinking only of the long rains
Forever falling everywhere.
Into my heart also the rain falls–
Long melancholy days.

p.s. - can you tell what the weather's like here?

Anonymous said...

Don't leave; let me find an appropriate answer, okay? ^_^

Anonymous said...

As we pass through the field of purple herbs
fragrant with madder dye
across the Imperial game reserve--
won't the guards see
you wave your sleeves to me?

Anonymous said...

And here is one that is not only timely, but which you might like as well:

Anonymous said...

In the autumn when words sound
like the echo of a stone ax,
some demon in me
wants to rise up and walk away.

Anonymous said...

It's bright and sunny here, anon. We could do with a little rain. Send some my way. ^_^

Unknown said...

Take my rain, given freely. ;) I do like the second one very much, thanks for sharing.

In this hour of longing
Reflection brings to mind each day gone by
And in each one
Was less of sorrow.


-- Shikibu

Anonymous said...

Whoop whoop! ^_^

I love Shikibu. Dude, I totally checked the weather map to see where it was raining and had an "aha!" moment. :D

Anonymous said...

O spider lily
that grows on the mountain
called Waiting,
is there someone you also
promised to meet this autumn?

Unknown said...

:D You are enabling my inability to do any actual work. But write an essay, post beautiful poetry...hmm, decisions, decisions.

Anonymous said...

That man's life is but a dream -
is what we now come to know.

Its house abandoned,
the garden has become home
to butterflies.

Anonymous said...

Ah, for coolness,
it rivals the water's depth -
this autumn sky.

Anonymous said...

Tokiwa Mountain's
pine trees are always green--
I wonder,
do they recognize autumn
in the sound of the blowing wind?

Anonymous said...

The autumn breeze rises
on the shore at Fukiage--
and those white chrysanthemums
are they flowers? or not?
or only breakers on the beach?

Anonymous said...

In what way is the approach of night like autumn?
The night approaches,
darkness on Mt. Ogura
where the deer cry out
and in their voices calling
is it autumn on the wane?

Unknown said...

Dude, I was so going to post that one! ;D

Anonymous said...

LMAO! We're on the same page.

OMG 69! ^_^

Anonymous said...

In the autumn fields
mingled with the pampas grass
flowers are blooming
should my love too, spring forth
or shall we never meet?

Unknown said...

what have i told you about occupying my brain space? ;D at least wipe your feet before making yourself home.

Anonymous said...

WTF? I tried three times and got an error message.

I was in your brain and I said, it's kind of dark in here, but is that House and Wilson I see making out in the corner over there? I like it in your brain! ;D

Anonymous said...

Flowers blossoming
in autumn fields -
when I count them on my fingers
they then number seven
The flowers of bush clover,
eulalia, arrowroot,
pink, patrinia,
also, mistflower
and morning faces flower.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, some of this Japanese poetry. Check out this one from the 18th century, by Senryu:


laying a fart—
no humor in it
when you live alone

Unknown said...

Lmao, well I guess I'd do the same in yours if I saw that happening. And well, I guess what do you expect from the culture that not only gave us ikibana, hanami, and beautiful haiku, but also gave us Japanese Butt Sniffer.

Blogger's being a pain in the ass for me, too.

Anonymous said...

When autumn came
My eyes clearly
Could not see it, yet
In the sound of the wind
I felt it.

Anonymous said...

WTF!
WTF!
WTMFF!

Anonymous said...

In a mountain village
at autumn’s end—
that’s where you learn
what sadness means
in the blast of the wintry wind.

Anonymous said...

OMG, dude, just, totally no way. I have no words.

Unknown said...

Butt sniffer? Or that I'm supposed to be Mayo in disguise? ;D

Anonymous said...

Autumn winds
Blew and from that day
From the eternal
Bank of heaven's river
I have not moved once.

Anonymous said...

Either / both. ;)

I just can't get over that link. I can't wrap my brain around it, don't want to. They do some, err, nutty stuff over there.

But, hey, I guess in parts of america it's cool to light farts on fire, so, uhh.

Wow, I really have no words!

Anonymous said...

Here again, another useless sign of the floating world:
In an autumn field, on a flower, a dew drop.

Anonymous said...

Heaven's River,
On a bridge of scarlet leaves
Can you be crossed?
The Weaver Maid
Eagerly awaits the autumn.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Nice! I will be saving that one! ^_^

Unknown said...

And this one's just funny:

On the eternal
Riverbank of Heaven,
You, ferryman,
When my lord has crossed
Hide your oars!

Anonymous said...

It has been too long, Kapunua. It warms my heart to see you in such high spirits.

I am honored to have inspired such delightful verse.

Mischievous to a fault, I cannot deny it amuses me that you find my identity a source of intrigue. I do not wish to remove my mask at this time, however, I do feel I have a moral obligation to let you know who I am not.

I never wear a cloak of blue.

Perhaps one day, in another place, when you least expect it, I will remove my mask and surprise you with a familiar quote...and a familiar face.

P.S. All of the above.

Anonymous said...

The autumn sky
has detached itself from the mountain-top cedars

An evening shower—
a woman,
looking out

Anonymous said...

When I look upon the moon
Myriad are my
Griefs,
Though for me alone
Autumn has not fallen.

Anonymous said...

Haha! You showed up! How wonderful. :) I wish I could see you in blue and that you had a blog of your own. Yes, very intriguing, when it sounds like you might actually be someone I know! Except that I don't really know that many people. Hmm.

I'm glad you are delighted because I always get that little jump when you show up; it's so funny and I'm so lame.

Now I'm going to wonder for the rest of the day. :)

Anonymous said...

And I'm glad that you're all of them; it's neater that way. :)

Anonymous said...

K: it's funny, I was going to post a non-autumn one, too. They are actually four different ones, but the theme is the same:

Better than to say things like a wise man, it seems,
is to drink sake, get drunk, and weep.

Don’t think about useless things—
You should be drinking, it seems to me,
A bowl of raw sake.

How ugly—take a good look at a man who acts wise and doesn’t drink
—just like a monkey!

Since all living things die in the end
while I’m in this world I’ll enjoy myself.


Otomo-no-Tabito

Anonymous said...

Calaf, here is one for you:


There are many
strange and lovely things
that swim n the midnight tide pools...
I think I do not want to share them
with other divers' eyes by day.


Isumi Shikibu

Anonymous said...

I have to have dinner and go to Kung Fu. I will be back later. I am so glad both of you came here. ^_^ You've made my day, K and Calaf. :D

Unknown said...

Otomo no Tabito has a good head on their shoulders. With that said, I should probably use mine and actually get to work.

Thanks for the fun, Jules, I rather enjoyed myself. :D I'll have to stop by again some other time I'm procrastinating work due this very day.

Later tater! :D

Unknown said...

Lol, what did I say about brain space again? Too funny. :D

farawaysoclose said...

hello porchies!

can't stop, looks like it has been bizzy here!!

where is mustard though??!!

anyway have a fun evening guys.


FASC,

I ♥ you! Thank you for always, ALWAYS making me smile!


my absolute fucking pleasure solly!


By the way, thank you to whoever posted Soldier's Poem. That one gives me the shivers!

that was me Kapunua.


poor boy looks tired

seeya guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys!

I'm so, so sorry. I haven't caught up, and it might be a while before I pop back in, so don't worry if you don't see me.

I hope Fim got back safely, and if anyone talks to her, please tell her that I ♥ her Sweaty Betty Lobster Botch-No More arse, okay?

I hope you're all doing well, and I'll see you guys around sometime, eh? :)

MissTottenham said...

Moostard, are you OK sweetie?

If you gotta pop off again, bye sweetie and thanks for letting us know you are still alive hee hee!

We miss you.

Smoke said...

Mustard!!!

sdock10 said...

MUSSSSSSSSTAAAAAAAAARD!

MissTottenham said...

Hi smoke.

Hi Solly.

Anonymous said...

Revolution, revolution, revolution...

Never ever wanted to be with you
The only thing you gave me was the boredom I suffocate in
Ooh ooh ooh

Adrift in cheap dreams don't stop the rain
Numbed out in piss towns just wanna dig their graves
Ooh ooh ooh

Motown, Motown junk
I laughed when Lennon got shot
Twenty-one years of living and nothing means anything to me

Motown junk a lifetime of slavery
Songs of love echo underclass betrayal
Stops your heart beating for 168 seconds
Stops your brain thinking for 168 seconds

Motown junk
Motown junk
Motown junk
Motown junk

I don't want cos I just get
All you slut heroes offer is a fear of the future
Ooh ooh ooh

Past made useless and I'm dying now
Communal tyranny a jail that bleeds our wrists
Ooh ooh ooh

Motown, Motown junk
I laughed when Lennon got shot
Twenty-one years of living and nothing means anything to me

Motown Junk a lifetime of slavery
Songs of love echo underclass betrayal
Stops your heart beating for 168 seconds
Stops your brain thinking for 168 seconds

Motown Junk
Motown Junk
Motown Junk
Motown Junk

Motown Junk a lifetime of slavery
Songs of love echo underclass betrayal
Stops your heart beating for 168 seconds
Stops your brain thinking for 168 seconds

Motown Junk
Motown Junk
Motown Junk
Motown Junk
Junka junka junka junka junka

We live in urban hell
We destroy rock and roll

Smoke said...

Hiya MissT!

Mustard!

I miss you! :(

MissTottenham said...

Hiya smoke. How are you today?



It's nice to see mustard, but sad that it's so brief.

sdock10 said...

Hi MissT!

Hi Everyone!

I'm gonna go ride the golf cart with LHM be back in a bit!

Smoke said...

I'm good, MissT. How's you?

MissTottenham said...

Hiya Solly, sounds like fun. Say hi to LHM for me.



I'm good thanks smoke. You had a good day?

MissTottenham said...

Goodnight porch.

Smoke said...

Awww, dang.

Goodnight MissT! Sweet dreams!

resurrected wreck said...

*pops in*

*squeezes porch*

*dashed away*

sdock10 said...

Gravity

Caught in the shadows
My head is spinning
Everything's moving around and around
And the people were betting
And the loser that's winning
Is the one who has dibs on my face in the ground

And I know, "Hey, Suck it up girl"
And I know, "It's perspective you lack"
But my list is red starfish and blue lizards' tails
And I mark one thing off and five more come right back

Well I like the concept of tight vacuum packed
Let's shove fifty pounds of shit into a ten pound bag
So that keeps me chasing my tail all around
And most of the time it's just me being wagged

And I know I'm at the brow of my being
And I know it's hard to look down
And I'm probably as free as I ever will be
Still I choose to live like I'm gagging and bound

Well I wonder what it's like to walk around weightless
To jump for your heart and never come down
To know the potential of true human will
Without all of this damn gravity just dragging us down

And I know, one day we will wake up
And I know, and start to live as ourselves
And not let the cowards of history claim us
And stop pointing our fingers at everyone else


Jennifer Nettles


And I know that I've sung it probably at least a dozen times around BlogBelieve, but it never gets old and it's one of my favorite lyrics of all time.

sdock10 said...

And how could I possibly leave for the night without singing some Jack White for you guys?

Anonymous said...

I never knew that I had to be this protector
so many thoughts inside my head a strange collector

But now
but now
but now
now, now, now, now, now

You thought you heard a sound
there's no one else around
looking at the door
it's coming through the floor

300 people living out in west virginia
have no idea of all these thoughts that lie within ya
but now
but now
but now
now, now, now, now, now

You thought you heard a sound
there's no one else around
looking at the door
it's coming through the floor

sdock10 said...

Goodnight, Mayo, SS, Porch, PPU, James Dewees, Jack White, Phantom Kitties of the World, poets, songwriters, artists, story tellers, and hopeless ramblers!

Sweet dreams and inspiration!

Anonymous said...

MUSTARD CAME BACK! :D :D :D

Sorry guys, I was watching McCain go down in flames.

CAVALIER ACTIVITIES!

WHOOP WHOOP! O_o