Sleeping in?
Nope, apparently not. My brain will not cooperate.
So Saturdays are for smiling and singing!
And I'm pretty sure that I'll write some very bad poetry in between.
Nothing quite like predicting the future or trying to remember the dreams you had last night.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
165 comments:
Self-loathing is quaint
You told me, showing restraint
Now you're gone, and I'm lost
In the swells, I am tossed
Bobbing and choking and losing the fight in the fog
You said forever
Tell me why can't you stay?
I'd ride in your pocket all day
But I just don't fit, say the word and I'll change
I'm throwing a party tonight
I drink more than a sailor I'm sure
Pour the rum in my eyes, tell me lies
Oh...
Drunk since Saturday
Without you, without restraint
(Ahhh)
It still stings where you stung
Water swings in my lungs
I'm starving for words that would ration my sadness away
Tell me forever
Tell me you'll come back to stay
I'd ride in your pocket all day
But I just don't fit, say the word and I'll change
I'm throwing a party tonight
I drink more than a sailor I'm sure
Pour the rum in my eyes, tell me lies
You were the mermaid for me
Till one day, you found your feet
Leaving me
In the God-awful bottle, a model of heartache and grief
I'd ride in your pocket all day
But I just don't fit, say the word and I'll change
I'm throwing a party tonight
I drink more than a sailor I'm sure
Pour the rum in my eyes, tell me lies
Smoke,
Why so violent?
Why not?
I feel like taking someone down with mind bullets.
*stops to think about who*
*glances over at Mayo*
>_<
I guess that should actually be:
*looks inside the window to the upstairs bedroom where Mayo is supposed to be*
Technically, we are on the outside, right?
What?
Shut up. You know it's true! You know it's true!
Damn, I should be at work in this mood.
Them:
"Hello, can you please help me with my $2.00 balance on my hospital bill? I have to buy gas so I can go to the liquor store, you see. I need to go. And if I pay this $2.00 then I won't be able to. Can you help me?"
Me:
"Are you fucking serious? Are you really fucking serious? No, you idiot. You know how your toe was broke when you came to the ER for pain meds? Remember that? Well, I'm gonna take a hammer and smash that bitch and you don't get any more pain meds. Ever. Have a nice day!"
Ahhhh, how fun would that be? ^_^
Yeah, I think we are the "outsiders", Smoke. I'm looking for Dally and Ponyboy too.
"Let's do it for Mayo, man! We'are doin' it for Mayo!"
Bwah!
Crazy jappy insanity.
Wanna go shopping? We can buy stuff.
LHM is still sleeping by the way.
Smoke,
Are you channelin' Dr. House?
Oh noez, People are choosing sides in a make believe world about a make believe castle owned by a make believe mystery blogger.
Good grief.
*waves to Mayo's through the imaginary window on the imaginary porch*
It's ridiculous sdock, isn't it?
But I'm too tired to laugh cause I only had four hours sleep.
Hmmm, how's about some Kid Rock lyrics.
Turn me up in the headphones
Been alotta cheap talk but I rock still
From the streets of Shanghai back to Knoxville
Sittin' high on a mountain top holdin' shop spreadin' the good news
Been alotta false prophets and quick hits
And a lot of unAmerican bullshit
But the time has come to settle and the devil's gonna make u choose
And just like a cold wind blowin' can u feel me comin' for u
Just like a freight train rollin' packed tight full of rhythm and blues
Testify
It's a Rock revival
Don't need a suit
Ya don't need a bible
Get up and dance
I'm gonna set you free yeah
Testify
It's all sex, drugs, rock n roll
A soul sensation that you can't control
And you can see I practice what I preach
I'm your rock n roll Jesus
Yes I am
Been alotta bling bling but it ain't real
And alotta new kings but I won't kneel
Sittin' high on a mountain top, holdin' shop singin' the raw dog blues
Like in old Mississippi's dirty cotton fields
Or in Detroit City's unforgotten wheels
It's the same song spinning but the same song's always been true
And I'm gonna take my roll cuz I ain't got nothin' to lose
And I'm gonna save your soul if it's really what you want me to do
4 hours? What da piss?
O_O
That's so weird because I was just thinking about the very first line that Ponyboy said about "Stepping out into the bright sunlight"!
O_O
GET OUTTA MY HEAD!
I wonder how many people we have kilt with poetry hopefully it's a lot less than those that we have saved with poetry.
Does that make sense? It did in my head.
Smoke, get outta there. You're fucking with my flow.
*taps on the window*
Dr. House and I could rule the entire universe. Just sayin'.
Hello Anon. :) Want me to knock you out so you can go back to sleep?
I'm so glad I missed all the carnage and bloodshed yesterday. Sometimes having to work is a blessing.
All the bodies, DEAR GOD! The bodies! The screams, the horror.
I can only imagine.
It would make a great movie though, right?
You know what? I miss Katherine Sparkles. She could always calm me down at times like this.
DEATH BY POETRY
Well, then I guess we'd all be dead since Mayo posted a poem. HE KILLED HIS LOVELIES!
MURDERER!
No, Smoke, we would not die because we have been infected with the poetry parasite. We are like the host and stuff or something or another.
PPU is just like super duper crazy busy with unicorn stuffs. I am certain of that.
They have to be. Otherwise it would be just odd if they were busy doing not unicorn stuffs.
Eh...no, but thanks for the offer :)
I don't understand what's going on at Mayo's *shakes head*
And now we are gloaters too?
Can I gloat about something worth gloating about?
Like having cheese grits for breakfast or getting to put my sleepy nephew to bed and having him wrap his little arms around me.
That's the stuff worth gloating about.
Okay, Anon. Well, here's a nice cup of coffee instead. :)
You can't understand it because it doesn't make any sense and believe me, I have tried and tried to make sense of it all.
I laugh because it's hilarious.
Duh.
It is absurd. Absurd, absurd, absurd.
Thank you smoke.
It really is.
Meh, oh well.
I gotta go start cleaning my house.
EWWWWWWW!!!
Have a nice day, Anon! Later!
Morning everyone!
I can't see Mayo's because my antiquated dust collector keeps dropping me off his page!
Sounds like I'm not missing much though?!
PP,
Not a thing, but more of the same.
How are you?
I gots 5 minutes before I begin flogging myself for not writing and sending a money order for all these comics I gotta get and cleaning and ugh.
Before I run away, how is everyone? I see sad chaos is leaking from Mayo's to here. I keep wanting to say I'm sorry. I feel this responsibility towards all of you for some reason. Something about SS? Eh. This is real but thankfully these people aren't living in our 'real' houses. Oops, this is getting really now. I should actually send this so I can see if anyone's here before I run off.
That's a shame Socky.
I don't see the point of what they do at all.
There just is no point.
I'm doing super swell thanks.
Just about to hit the sack. =)
How's your morning shaping up?
Oh, and it was lovely to see Mustard pop in here yesterday. =)
Oh and I remember somewhere I saw the pics of Jules and Solly and Fimble somewhere.... That is so amazingly fantastic!
THAT is the true value of that Mayonaise place showing through.
Hi Katherine!
Hi PP!
Smoke-y!
How's it going, beautiful? Thought you ran away.
And PP! I think we've talked a few times. If you've run off to sleep, I wish you pleasant dreams.
Hi Katherine!
Lovely to see you here! I was just calling your name and missing you. Are you feeling better these days?
PP,
I'm doing pretty well for waking up at the asscrack of dawn.
Morning Katherine. Nice to see you. =)
SS is being dragged in to it? Is this over at Mayo's, KI?
But he isn't even here. O_O
Well, I did for a second. :)
Cleaning isn't fun and I don't like it. At all.
What you doing waking up in the sunrise's asscrack, Solly?
Habit or something you gotta do?
Yeah, I will confess. This morning I went to lurk at Mayo's. Saw the latest comments, PP. Le sigh. No amount of hugs or offered hankies could give them the love they are craving, I am afraid.
Hi Princess!
*holds up a punching bag*
Go for it. =)
Yeah, SS is being accused of taking the side of "the porkies" along with Mayo.
I don't understand it either.
Katherine,
I just woke up early for some reason. Must be my brain telling me I got plenty of shit to do.
I know what they crave is ownership. That 'specialness' that comes from looking at someone and saying 'you're mine.'
I think that's what they put first on Mayo and obviously SS.
I think they feel he left the tribe... something like that. I didn't linger long. Only looked at the newest comments.
KI,
Some people need to be loved and learn to love back.
Maybe one day.
And I'm a heartless, sarcastic bitch who should't work with the public.
*punches the punching bag*
*knocks PP down in the process*
SORRY PP! ^_^
To be honest, let them cry and shudder at Mayo's.
I came here immediately because I was afraid they would wander over and start doing that over here.
Solly, I have something I've been wishing to tell you and being selfish/self absorbed I keep forgetting.
Your worth is in your words. You bring this breezy kind of aura the way you use them. I know many people respect you for your talent. I certainly appreciate it. And you're sincere. And good. I needed to let you know. I hope you don't mind I'm putting here on the porch.
*ducks Princess's swinging fists*
Damn woman! Remind me to stay on your good side.
Smoke
Don't beat yourself up. I don't know who that person was, but maybe someone close to them had that problem, and it's a sensitive issue to them.
As I have stated at Mayo's, I've had experience with it as well, and got the humor you implied.
Thank you, Anon. And if they knew anything about me then they would know how experienced I am with that subject.
But, oh well!
Thank you though! ^_^
Socky,
I'm beyond tired of their 'side' crap. There are no sides.
This place is continually growing and in motion, without boundaries or walls.
It is only those intent on disruption that bring up the business of people taking sides.
Denser or Dancer? >_<
*is going batty*
PP, I envy your ability to wrap things up in so few words.
Some day. Some day I will learn to not just vomit letters all over the place.
Katherine,
Thank you for saying that. I don't even know what to say back, except I wish you came around here more often. You are missed.
Smoke, I'm in the dark. Subject? If you don't want to explain it again, I understand. Just... well, what reaction isn't confusing over there.
PP,
For fuck's sake, when you find out will you please let me know?
Neither word really makes sense but I just gotta know!
Solly ♥s The Killers!
Vomit letters. Huh.
That sounds cool for some reason, Katherine! I like how you put that!
Denser or Dancer?
That is driving me batty too, PP. O_O
*finds self admiring the stars from on her back*
What do you mean it's daylight?
O_o
Katherine,
I love when you vomit.
Just saying.
Smoke,
Your sense of humor is not appreciated. Oh well, I suppose not everyone finds American Psycho funny as hell like we do.
Addiction.
That subject.
Although, that's not what I was getting at with my comment earlier. I was only reciting one of the many phone calls that I get on a daily basis and exaggerating the absurdity of it. That's really what I deal with though. Complete absurdity.
The word of the day: ABSURD
Hi :)
Hi RW,
Whatchoo got planned for today?
It's not appreciated, is it? Meh, oh well. ^_^
Hi RW! How's you?
Hi, Solly :D
I'm waiting on the phone guy to switch my telephone service over to a cable one (the phone company's idea, not mine). After that, I'm off shopping (groceries & clothes), then it's a birthday meal out with friends.
What are you up to today?
Hi, S&V :D
I just woke up not too long ago! I am well-rested :)
How are you today?
I'm trying to talk Smoke into going shopping, but it ain't working.
What's wrong with her?
Solly,
.... I think you may have rendered me as speechless as I ever get to. Thank you?
Smoke,
Thank you for clarifying. Yes, working with the public sucks. And phone calls. BLEAH!
Hey, RW!
And on a note relevant to no one but myself, I heart avocado so badly.
If it had a leg, I'd be humping it right now.
S&V doesn't want to go shopping??
O_O
Hi, GV! :D
How are you today?
I surely hope PP is somewheres finding out which word it is. I really would like to sing it correctly.
RW,
Currently avoiding my responsibilities for the day. Filling my tummy with sassy spicy sexy avocado.
Sounds like you have quite a bit to do today, as well.
Oh, have they begun rebuilding Queen St W yet? That's the street that burned, right?
Mmm I'm like a strange cat running in the heat of the night
I've got a fire in my eyes, got a date with delight
Some kinda moanin' in in the heart of the storm Ooh,
I'm gonna love you so hard, you'll want your loving done
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Now with my one hand loose I aim to satisfy
Ah, you like my loving machine, I like your bloodshot eyes
Real gone girl jumping back with the beat,
oh yeah I'm your tall cool one with the crazy feet
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
I'm so tall and you're so cute,
Let's play wild like wildcats do You're gonna rock your tall cool one
I'm gonna say that, I'm gonna say that, I'm gonna say that, aah
You stroll, you jump, you're hot and you tease
'Cause I'm your tall cool one and I'm built to please
You stroll, you jump, you're hot and you tease
'Cause I'm your tall cool one and I'm built to please
Ooh-ooh-ooh yeah It's really now Oh Oh, now, now, now
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
M-m-move over mister step on back in the crowd Oh yeah,
'cause she's a whole lotta sister 'bout to drive me wild
Lotta places I've been, lotta names lotta words
No one compares to my real gone girl
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
I'm so tall and you're so cute,
Let's play wild like wildcats do
You're gonna rock your tall cool one
I'm gonna say that, I'm gonna say that, I'm gonna say that, aah
You stroll, you jump, you're hot and you tease
'Cause I'm your tall cool one and I'm built to please
You stroll, you jump, you're hot and you tease
'Cause I'm your tall cool one and I'm built to please
Oh, Oh yeah Now baby Oh yeah, oh yeah
Ooh Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you I'm in too, yeah
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Hey hey mama Goin' down, goin' down Goin', goin', goin', goin', goin' one
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Hey hey mama, hey hey mama Ooh, I'll be your tall cool one
Lighten up, lighten up Hey hey mama Lighten up, lighten up
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you Lighten up
Hey hey mama Lighten up
One side of one block of Queen Street West burned in March, yes. They're still tearing down the rubble. They haven't starting building anything new there yet. I'm sure condo builders would love to get their hands on that prime piece of real estate, but about a year ago it was declared a heritage area so anything new that gets built there has to, at least on the outside, fit in with the rest of the architecture.
They still don't know what caused the fire.
No cause?
Wow.
I am SO glad they declared it a heritage site. The thought of Queen St W having condos is something out of a Twilight Zone episode.... I gotta get back there soon! I loved living in TO... I'll stop now.
You lived in T.O.?
What area were you in? I'm just west of Little Italy.
Okay, I'm really going to start cleaning now.
See you guys later! Have a lovely Saturday!
Have fun, S&V ^_^
Have a good day!
Who posted the robert plant lyrics? Nice :)
Gah, I suppose I need to at least try and get some stuff done today.
PP, I'm depending on you for the answer!
Katherine, Don't be a stranger. We miss you around here.
RW, Have a great Saturday and eat something for me tonight!
Smoke, Keep your chin up and your hands ready! Let's go shopping!
'twas me with the Robert Plant lyrics!
Now I'll sing it all day! Yayness!
Later, ladies!
Ooops, sorry for my disappearance.
My PC must have succumbed to the power of Princess's punch, as well. ;)
KI, I prefer vomit to tea leaves. It has much more substance. =)
I better scoot while the going is good.* Lovely seeing you all.
Have a great Saturday everyone. =)
*sniffs RW on the way out*
What? O_O
RW, you know you always smell good after all those baths!
*waves goodnight, over to Mayo*
*sets SS 20 lines for being a troublemaker* =)
*technological tormentor. >_<
Have a good day, Solly! ^_^ I shall eat something yummy for you tonight!
*sniffs RW on the way out*
O_O
Have a good day, PP! :)
I was just about to say my goodbyes and see everyone is leaving anyhow.
Before I go, RW. I lived in the TO area between 2001-2002 at York University, Steele Ave area.
So I wasn't right in the heart of the city, but I spent quite a bit of time there thanks to (I think) their user friendly transport system.
And adieu.
Socky,
It will be my quest.
Just for you.
*blows kisses on the way out*
Have a good day, GV! :)
Hello, you guys! Look at all you lovelies here! ^_^ Hey Katherine, it's nice to read you!
Sarcastic Bitch Princess! ^_^
Okay, Imma go break my fast and all, but first,
SOMEONE POSTED TALL COOL ONE!
This is one of my all time favorite songs in the history of music and it has SPESHUL meaning to me. ^_^
And the Leathermouth lyrics gave me such glee, too.
Okay! Breakfast! back in a bit. :D
Oh, it was Solly. YAY!
Hi & bye, K! :D
My neighbor's kid just fell and busted his damn head. O_o Poor little kiddo. I'm not wild about the neighbors but I hate when little kids fall down. He went away in the ambulance for stitches, but he'll be all right. You know how kids bounce.
Check this out; it's sad. Americans Flunk Simple 3-Question Political Survey.
How can so many of us be so to of touch? This is our world. It's our country and our human rights that are on the line. WTF?
I couldn't have named the Prime Minister of Great Britain either :/
I knew it wasn't Tony Blair any longer, but I couldn't think of his name.
I actually blanked on his name a couple of weeks ago too, TBH. ^_^ But I'll bet you would know the other two. But, aside from that, we live in america. I don't even turn on the damn TV that much but I read about my world. I just don't get it. Don't these things stick with people? Or are they just happyassing around pretending like nothing important hangs int he balance, and that people aren't losing their rights? That's what I don't get.
Did you know that the voter turn-out for the recent Canadian election was only 58%, the lowest in history.
I'm not sure if it's complacency, or disillusionment.
Woooow. Gosh, that's sad. I understand the disillusionment but wouldn't a better way to change things be to, you know, keep trying? That's what I'd think.
I think we're going to have a huge turnout this year. :)
I understand the disillusionment but wouldn't a better way to change things be to, you know, keep trying? That's what I'd think.
You'd think, especially with so many other parties to choose from besides the top two.
I think we're going to have a huge turnout this year. :)
I think you are too. I'm quite interest to see the numbers. What was the voter turn-out last election, do you know?
Oh man, we don't even need to talk about four years ago. ;) Actually, I'm not sure about the numbers. It was crazy.
I'm gonna leave a message to you at mayo's then I'm going ot run to the cemetery.
Later all!
Came to the porch just to do that.
Happy Jappy Saturday Meffers!
We have had a gloriously sunny day today and I have just nommed on a delish Jalfrezi curry with naan bread. It makes me have a glad to see the porch buzzing with friendly faces. How is everyone today?
hello porchies!
lucy i just wanted to say that in answer to your question about a week back, i did watch Russell Brand and he was totally fantastic!! even mr bloke was giggling along!
Hello guys!
Hey, listen. Does anyone here know anything about different angels? There was a statue of an angel and it was the most fantastic one I've ever seen and i wondered which one it was supposed to be. I'll upload pictures. He carried a staff with a flower on it in his left hand, and another flower in his right hand which he seemed to be dropping. It was really cool!
Any thoughts?
No worries! It's just very intriguing and is one of the best statues I've ever seen. ^_^
K, someone will know surely!
hope you are all doing good?
I'm good, FASC, you about yourself?
This is that angel.
woah scary angel!
have you seen the Dr Who episode re the angel statues? It's called blink! scared the mother fucking hell outa me!! seriously! everytime you blink they get closer with the scariest stone statue faces!! i screamed far too much watching that one. freaked my kids out with that!
all pretty much fine here K.
WHOOP WHOOP! That pic is stunning Jules. Hi FASC! *waves*
hey lucy!!
see my comment above re Russell!
really enjoyed it!
gotta go now gonna make a king prawn curry and have a large glass of wine!
did you watch X Factor lucy??
love to you all!
Thank ya, Bean!
I'm about to upload a whole buttload of pics. :) Actually I already did upload them, but I'm trying to organize. Yeah, right! ^_^
Jules,
Check your email, botch!
Shoots me one back!
Glad you enjoyed RB, FASC.
I watched X Factor, I like Austin!
that was me!
Bean, I don't have an email from you. O_O
Guys, I linked some of today's pics for Mayo and S(S)S, but if anyone wants to see the whole album, it is here. :D
I'm seeing my cousins and Boychild tonight, guys, so I won't be around till later. :D
Umm, sorry, it is actually easier to see them at my journal. :)
Kapunua - sorry, only just seen your reply. Congratulations on solving the puzzle. Unfortunately someone beat you to the main prize so... ( roots around in bag of geographical features ) here is a consolation gift.
*hands over soggy puddle from Gloucestershire *
Honestly, it's more exciting than it looks. It's actually the source of the River Thames. The nicest bit is before it gets to London.
Enjoy puttering.
:)
Boo!
Boo to you!
Whatchoo doin, Smoke?
JULES!
I loved your piccies! I just wish we could all go ride around and take piccies together! :)
Ummm, sitting.
Ignoring my husband. Which is hard. He's loud. O_o
I wish we were back in Orlando again.
Did you put the Jack White quote up?
Didja?
I sure did. :)
I am looking at Goodbye Kitty cartoons.
Muwahaha.
We need those on the porch too!
Where are ya lookin?
Goodbye Kitty Sushi
These are too cute. :)
Silence of the Kitty
OMG.
Bwahahaha!
OMG, I want those stickers so bad! Can we put one of those on the porch?
I've always liked the kitty being roasted over the open flame, or the hangman one, or the kitty in the toaster.
I love those things. Goodbye Kitty rules.
Okay, off to shower.
Laterz.
hello over here I'm going to try and do my part 3 trip soon, so keep and eye out, the last installment is our crocodile experience
hope you're all well!
Ergo,
Whoop! Whoop! Can't wait!
Too cute!
Cool Ergo! ^_^
Okay, now I'm going to shower.
LOL, those are cute! ^_^
Whaddup, guys? princess, I agree, it would be the coolest thing to just ride around and take pictures. I love taking photographs of people. How cool would that be? Just go all around town in the fall, drinking hot chocolate and taking pictures and listening to music? That would rule. ^_^ I wish we lived down the street from each other.
Did an anon seriously make fun of the way I dress? O_O That happens to be the second best sweater in the whole wide world.
ETA: My Mom told me that the statue with the lily might be a saint, so I googled that. It could be St. Anthony, who is often portrayed with a lily. But more likely it is Archangel Gabriel, whose symbol is the lily. I'm so glad because even though I'm nowhere near being Christian, Gabriel is still my favorite Christian myth (probably because Christopher Walken played him,) and the whole time I was taking those photos, I was hoping it was a statue of Gabriel.
Jules,
We have to start planning another visit with each other, even if it's 6 months down the road. We just gotta. Maybe we could all fly over and visit Fimmy, Bean, FASC, GS, and MissT, and any other UKr that I forgot.
OMG, if only we could really go there! I have to figure out a way to get my ass into college, first. And then to China. :)
But, there's no reason why we can't meet somewhere in the middle? Err, I mean us in the US. Not all of us meeting in the Atlantic or something. O_O
Yeah, I don't see why not.
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?eventId=83010772#1
Pics from the arrivals at the Scream Awards.*
*credit to the Anon who posted them at Mayo's
Oh! We totally could do it! Definitely!
I love Gerard's tie.
Hate the sunglasses.
All in all though, he looks okay. I wanna give him a sammich still but he looks okay. :)
And WTF with Billy Corgan? O_o
That dude is looking rough. He actually looks kind of sick. :(
I love my Pumpkins.
Here's how ya make a link:
[a href="paste the url here"]Write what you want the link to say.[/a]
Replace the [] with pointy brackets and Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt!
Yeah, I want to give him a 5 dollar footlong from Subway. Bless his heart. He looks smiley and happy though.
Billy Corgan, awwh, bless his heart too.
I suck at linking and mainly I'm just too lazy.
Sorry. Maybe one day.
Palin as president; minutes of entertainment! It's one of those ones where you roll over everything, click everything, etc. ^_^
Oh gosh! I suck.
Hi, GS! Yep, he's a clever one! Thanks for the, err... yeah, thanks. :D
Jules,
That site rules! I kept clicking on everything.
Fun, right? ^_^
Bwahaha! That was funny! I like when you turn the lights out and all you see is her blinking. O_O
You guys wanna AIM for a few mins?
Sure!
Goodnight ladies, and have sweet dreams.
p.s. loved the poetry on the previous post :)
Hiya, KD! I loved it, too. It was really good times. :D
Save our city
(Fought and fell for our great king)
Keep our souls, Lord God
(We burned alive and boiled)
[Through the mayor's ruined head, the boy steps through the window] the rapture
(The dragon, red and wrathful calls)
of this world.
[and cries out from the ledge to the people below.]
(We rise and march once more.)
Save our city
[There's a time to pray and there's a time to fight]
(Cursed in death, we starve for flesh)
Keep our souls, Lord God
[Anything can be a weapon if you're holding it right]
(Our skin is cooked and curled)
Through the rapture
[Defend what is yours, they will not take our souls]
(We'll eat our skin and smash them in)
and so we
[it's time now to]
rise and fight!
I should have started at the beginning. ^_^
Fifteen years I raged against the constant C,
the
speed of light,
the diagrams and haunted sleep
on frozen sheets, in bed, my dreams, your garden grave,
I'd climb inside, hold your bones and slowly die, the
cooling space inside your chest, my broken bride, you
never breathed again.
The circuits fail, the cosmic strings like rubber
bands, I lose control, they snap, I fall through
mist to mud against my face, the taste of blood,
the world is strange,
the stinking earth and giant
trees, through heavy air a demon shrieks, what
have I done? What hell is waiting for me?
I crashed before the birth of Christ,
pterodactyls swarming
You died in 1989,
just wanna get back to that morning in May
Keep you in bed, never escape, holding you close,
Listen to you breathe the evening glow
of fading light and cooling space.
Like motor oil down my throat, I couldn't speak, I dropped
the phone, the burning flares, the steam, your hair,
bits of glass, they sparkled everywhere, like winter
nights, the stars, the ice, all intertwined, to hold and
keep, like petals pressed in sheets, making love to
moonlight in our sleep.
But now above the pits of tar, in a cave I hide, that
massive screaming thing with wings of reaper's cloth,
it's standing just outside, I must get to my machine,
I will bring you back to life, fix your ruined lungs,
I'll undo what time has done!
I carve your sweet name
into the cave, I'm sure to die
All my strife has been in vain
The glaciers come and wash my words away
Mr. Mayor, the mission burns
the zombies are marching, they close on the square
Families are cold, look down at their souls
huddled in camps on the old marble steps of City Hall
Faith in their God, that's all that they've got
Across the room, beyond the pane
the whole world is churning, bleeding and burning, hailstorms and ash
The moon is as blood
over the soldiers who sag in the mud.
CHORUS
Save our city
Keep our souls, Lord
Through the rapture
of this world.
Little boy, I'm just a man, a mere civil servant
against this tyrant God
I've allied with our King, salvation he brings
protecting the city against all the troops Heaven sent
but the dead walk again, this is the end.
Oh I'm just a man, my time has come
Long live King Simius! May he deliver us from this nightmare!
And with a blast like the sun
his lips are unwrapped from the barrel of his gun.
REPEAT CHORUS
Fought and fell for our great king
we burned alive and boiled
The dragon, red and wrathful calls
We rise and march once more.
Cursed in death, we starve for flesh
Our skin is cooked and curled
We'll eat our skin and smash them in
In Hell, we'll grind their bones.
REPEAT CHORUS
Save our city
Keep our souls, Lord God
Through the rapture
of this world.
Save our city
(Fought and fell for our great king)
Keep our souls, Lord God
(We burned alive and boiled)
Through [the mayor's ruined head, the boy steps through the window] the
rapture
(The dragon, red and wrathful calls)
of this world. [and cries out from the ledge to the people below.]
(We rise and march once more.)
Save our city [There's a time to pray and there's a time to fight]
(Cursed in death, we starve for flesh)
Keep our souls, Lord God [Anything can be a weapon if you're holding it
right]
(Our skin is cooked and curled)
Through the rapture [Defend what is yours, they will not take our souls]
(We'll eat our skin and smash them in)
and so we [it's time now to] rise and fight!
Save our city!
Keep our souls, Lord!
Rise now and fight!
Oh baby, baby, how I lost my mind
Time is quite the killer when you're left behind
The airbag held you 'til the engine slept
At home your pillow cooled while the willows wept
They come and go, love (Come and go, but they, but they)
But they're all the same (D-da, d-da, da da, da da)
Even big, bad bad-boys get scared at night
It keeps them safe (At home baby)
I'm gonna throw this rock down (Gonna throw it down, let it roll)
Tonight's the night (Tonight)
I'm gonna go out, fire it up, honey (I'm gonna lose 'em when I)
Gonna turn back time
Remember in the summer when I held your hand
on the southern shore, finding fossils in the sand
Oh baby, maybe someday you will find me
on that beach beside you again
Here we go!
I'm gonna save your life
Ahhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhh
So rapid the raptors, as coursers, they came
all the scratching and screaming, I barely escaped
while the fuel cells they drained far too fast, I am dragged
like worms on a hook through the hole to the
blackness beyond
at the end of days, where the world bleeds and burns
The sun is black as sackcloth made of hair
The stars have fallen to the earth, mountains tearing from the ground
Look at the people hiding from the red raindrops
while earthquakes shake the broken timber of this burning town
There's poison in the water, the ocean's blood that's turned
to slime and gotten hard
All the fish and whales are corpses on the scab
In the darkness soldiers gnaw their tongues in pain, you see
so help me God, at the end of time they're screaming and on their knees!
Oh let them die!
Oh let them die!
The wrath of the Lamb! the martyrs cry
Break the seven seals, let the horsemen ride!
The soldiers bear the royal crest and scream into the sky
He will come! He will come!
The Dragon's on the rise!
The King survived though his throat was cut, they say he's the chosen one
He leads our men from Babylon, the rebellion's worldly son
Against the Tyrant, we have joined with him as soldiers
He tells me this while he shakes a bit - he's staring at his gun.
The painful stings of flying things have worn away his flesh and popped his eyes
At the blackness, he lashes out and cries:
You cowards and your wrathful God will see what power means!
when the Dragon comes - His will be done - in the fires you'll be cleaned!
Oh let him rise!
Oh let him rise!
I watch these people fall
The dragon shrieks and burns it all
I flip the circuits on,
I've got dragons of my own
The portal glows and my machine's detroyed.
The Traveler has saved their souls from the Destroyer of Worlds
Then why does his heart still scream? Rise and speak.
I couldn't save her. I know she will die
But please, if I could only tell her goodbye
All I want is just one more day
that morning in May...
I've fought reptilian monsters
I've crossed a bloody sea
just to meet you here
and now I'm coming home, my dear
The light is ward, outside at dawn
The garden has no weeds, no grave beneath the tree
Through the silent house, my love after all
Curled up in a ball
there you are...
Your socks on the wood floor
the moment i'd hoped for
i'm terrified to think you might be real
i curl up behind you
fit my body to yours like a shell
i smell your hair, oh love i can't believe you
i squeeze you to make sure you're really here, and i'm overwhelmed
i've been waiting for so long
to touch you and sleep in your eyes
and now as my heart's beating so hard
hold on and keep you at home in my arms
they tried to console me
but you're all the consolation i ever needed
years of smelling the clothes you left behind
photographs that seemed so far away
i don't need them now
you turned to me
alive, awake, and blinking
"baby back so soon" you asked
but i smile cause i never left at all
i've been waiting for so long
to touch you and sleep in your eyes
and now as my hearts beating so hard
hold on and keep you at home in my arms
you check the clock it's time to go
you grab your keys
&you're out the door
i step outside and you're waving goodbye
it's all happening again like before
as you're starting the car and i'm tearing inside
i knock on your window you stop just in time
around to the other side
i say
'baby i thought i'd come along for the ride'
i've been waiting for so long
(time slows and i take your hand)
to touch you and sleep in your eyes
(i hold you as we loose control)
together our hearts beating so hard
hold on
baby we're almost home ...
G'nite, Porch
Sweet Ludo Dreams!
Mayo's is stupid and, oh HELLS no. I dress better, I wash, I don't smoke and I don't flash my junk.
Also, it is the second best sweater ever and if people don't like it, that's too damn bad. They don't know what they're missing. ^_^
Night Solly! Night, Porch!
confession time, I must wash my soul clean, I'm sorry K, I was Ludo anon, it was me who urged you to buy Broken Bride! I hopes you can forgive me...
And I like your sweater, you rocked it.
Post a Comment