And baptised by the blood, sweat, and music of Mr. Bob Ritchie!
I am now a proud member of the Kid Rock Congregation!
Saving lives one song, one kind word, one high five at a time!
Yes, it was that amazing. It was that dramatic and it was that biblical. Rock phonies of the world stand up, recognize, and take notes. Here's a regular guy who just happens to be a famous rock star. He respects himself, his fans, and the history of all types of music.
*I have never been to a show where the performer took a few minutes to stop everything and thank us for coming. He said he knew that times were tough and money was tight but he wanted to stop and thank each of us for coming out and spending our hard earned money to come and hang with him. Later on, he would have us stop and turn to someone we didn't know and high five or shake their hand. What an outstanding idea and gesture. It made us all feel closer.
That's a stand up guy.
That's someone who is real.
We love you Kid! Thanks for a great show! I don't know how you do it for 3 hours, but you rocked the house.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
42 comments:
I'm still in shock. All I wanted to do was lick that tattoo across his back. Did you notice that when he said, "Where's all my single ladies?", I totally raised my hand?
I did. I totally did. And to be fair, I think my husband even raised his hand. O_o
Ahhhhhhhhhh, Bob Ritchie.
It sounds like you guys had a blast!
I think that's so awesome that he had audience members connect with one another. I think that's important, and so friggin' awesome.
I hope you're both well-rested with this time change shit and all!
Oh God, Mustard. You should have seen my moment of sheer panic and terror. O_O
You know how I don't like to touch people, right? Well, when he told everyone to turn around and high-five a stranger I was like, "Oh shit. I can't do this!"
It was sooooo scary for me. Meanwhile, my husband is slapping everyone within fifteen feet of him. At least he slapped enough hands for the both of us. ^_^
Well, did you end up high-fiving someone?!
It was sooooo scary for me. Meanwhile, my husband is slapping everyone within fifteen feet of him. At least he slapped enough hands for the both of us. ^_^
Aha! I can so picture this in my head.
Crawling over people to high-five someone.
I love high-fives. They're personal, yet impersonal.
I think I did one lady. She was drunk off her ass. O_O
I just tense up at the thought of touching somebody that I don't know! Then Solly was like, "What if Frank told you to high-five someone? Would you do it?"
I was like, "Uhhhh, sure. I think so. Maybe. Yeah. I'd high-five him for sure." ^_~
glad you had such an amaaaaazing time sisters!!
it sounds utterly fantastic. he sounds like a really down to earth guy!
I'd high-five him for sure." ^_~
hells we'd all be in the queue to high five frankie boy!
Smoke,
Kid's tattoo is too hot for words. I'm so glad he finally took off that shirt for us.
Oh and FYI gals...when he asked "where's all my single ladies?"....he totally did NOT ask us to moan or fake orgasm for him.
How shocking!!
All he asked us to do was shout "Kid"...while the dudes shouted "Rock, Rock!".
That's right! He's such a gentleman. ^_~ He really is.
I just want to squeeze him one time. That's all. He'd totally let me, too.
Wanna go to town later this afternoon, Solly?
Yep, I suppose.
I need to, but it sucks cuz I am so freaking tired.
Me, too.
Say sometime after lunch?
Call me later.
I admit I don't know much about this dude. I guess I'd always thought that he was one of the "bitches and ho's" contingent, like Eminem or something, but I guess I was wrong?
Either way, I never thought I'd see the day when reviews were making Kid Rock out to be more respectable and respectful and sincere than MCR. >_< God damn stupid Gerard.
I'm glad you guys all had a swell time. I hope you have some pics to post! ^_^
Well, he was married to Pamela Anderson. So he likes fake boobs? Lots of men do.
See the difference is he doesn't ask his fans to do stupid shit like that for him. The only thing he asks of his fans is to be nice and respect each other and have a good time.
So anyhoo.....
"Only God Knows Why"
Read the lyrics and watch his latest video:
"Amen"
Did you know that he makes it a point to go and visit the soldiers in Iraq? He made a dedication last night to a local soldier.
See, that's what it's about.
Sdock!
How are we today besides tired?m
I'm just still feeling pretty quiet, ya know? Really feeling Mayo's post.
How are you besides a meffing headache?
So, you too, huh?
Damn thing hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. Well, it did after about the fourth time through, and then the "Remote."
I'm all like, "I get this. I kinda get you."
Or he gets me, but it's whatever.
Excluding the headache, I guess I'm okay. Not in as good a humor as last night, but that's okay.
Yeah, I keep reading it. Relate much? Oh yes. It's almost like he listens to our conversations.
Now, I'm listening to a cd that I haven't listened to in years.
Tori Amos, Little Earthquakes. Funny how the lyrics hold so much more meaning now.
Why do we crucify ourselves? Niiiiiiiiice!
That's awesome. I love pulling out old stuff. It's like hearing it again for the first time, and I find things in there that I never saw the first time around.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! I just saw the anon at Mayo's.
I was wondering how long it would take to drag my name into it.
The lyrics just really fit my life now. It's crazy.
Silent All These Years....Extra Nice!
Solly, we are writing porn to Mayo. O_o
sdock10 said...
I'm just still feeling pretty quiet, ya know? Really feeling Mayo's post.
I am too Solly, but for different reasons, I think. ;D
STFU. ^_~
Are we going to AIM later?
I will be back in a little bit.
Gonna eat some supper, make a couple phone calls, and take a bath, maybe write some stuff too.
Gotta work on my love note!!
Have fun!!!
I'd like to AIM later if possible, sure. :D
Just got here!
What ya been doin?
Hey guys! I don't like Mayo's today, the anons, Lombard, all that junk. We gonna chat? I'll be on in a bit if anyone wants to hang. I need to spill some guts. ^_____^
STFU! ;D
Yep, I'm ready.
Not much, Sdock!
And ready Freddy!
See, Mayo's was quiet for, like, three days straight. The anons rocked my face off because they made actual contributions to what we've got going on. But, today?
Just bums me out.
Yep, I just stay away when it gets like that.
Oh, hell. Here we go.
One more time, it's in the blood.
;)
I got me some new herbal sleep stuff. I can't wait to rock it out tonight and see if it works.
I am telling you this in case I don't show up tomorrow. You will know that I am dead. Killed by a Valerian overdose.
Sdock! Don't say that.
You got it shipped to you?
Hopefully it will do the job. Set a couple of alarms just in case.
No, they had it at Wal Mart.
Those pills smell like shit.
Muhahaha.
Ewww.
Hey, but if it works!
SOlly, I'm so glad! ^_____^
AIM, let's go! :D
AIM is a MEFFER!!!!!
Damn it all to hell. I've tried like five times and it keeps kicking me out. Sonofabitch.
Well, you guys have fun. Maybe when I finally get my DSL I'll be able to chat with you.
See you all tomorrow.
XOXO,
S&V20
Post a Comment