Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home of the Porchies, the Sluts, those afflicted with Smaw Poese, the lonely bitter Hags, the Homie Ho's, the ubiquitous and somewhat cantankerous Unicorn, and anyone else who feels like an outcast from time to time.
128 comments:
Which are You?
THERE are two kinds of people on earth to-day;
Just two kinds of people, no more, I say.
Not the sinner and saint, for it's well understood,
The good are half bad, and the bad are half good.
Not the rich and the poor, for to rate a man's wealth,
You must first know the state of his conscience and health.
Not the humble and proud, for in life's little span,
Who puts on vain airs, is not counted a man.
Not the happy and sad, for the swift flying years
Bring each man his laughter and each man his tears.
No; the two kinds of people on earth I mean,
Are the people who lift, and the people who lean.
Wherever you go, you will find the earth's masses,
Are always divided in just these two classes.
And oddly enough, you will find too, I ween,
There's only one lifter to twenty who lean.
In which class are you? Are you easing the load,
Of overtaxed lifters, who toil down the road?
Or are you a leaner, who lets others share
Your portion of labor, and worry and care?
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
morning solly!
morning everybody!
fingers crossed for the USA today! you effect us all!
i was reading the comments yesterday and giggling away! very funny!
and god i did a huge mayo fangirl moment didn't i?! i think i was high on my meds! he he! goodness, he's not that fucking special! ^_~
FASC,
I thought it was very sweet, your comment about Mayo. The BS gets so deep over there sometimes, I don't know why he even bothers to wade through it.
Are you feeling better?
Good for you, Socky! Nice and early with your vote!
No pressure girls, but the Rest of the World is kind of pulling for only one of the candidates! ;)
And Katherine,
That was some funny stuff the other day!
Thank you for the lol's. =)
As for Mayo's,
*shakes head* I just have nothing.
May your stroke today be bold.
Er, no pressure again. ;)
Night all. =)
FASC!
Socky!
Good morning, girls. =)
I type so sloooooooooow! >_<
PP,
You always make me giggle!!
Have sweet dreams of stroking and stuff!
Or of stroking stuff, or....
Anyway...
PP!!
hello you!!
have a lovely sleep PP!
Wahahahaaha! I wanna stay home! BOOO!!!
I always whine like this first thing in the morning, don't I?
Pffft.
I feel weird about the election. Like, I know who is supposed to win but I'm not sure he is going to win. I can just imagine this big ol'controversy. Yuck. I hope it's not like that.
Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday! I have Flobots stuck in my head. O_O
XOXO
You guys want to hear something silly? Georgia has been allowing people to early vote for I think about 45 days and the early voting ended Friday, so people were calling all day asking, "Where do I go to early vote?" Bwah! Americans are so silly, I swear. Early voting kind of pisses me off because in the back of my mind with everything being on computers and shit it just seems like there is more room and more time for fraud, but I do believe before long it's going to come to 364 days of "early" voting. The candidates will have one day to qualify and then we'll get a whole fucking year to "early" vote.
Bwah! And then there will still be some soul out there who misses it completely, drags in late, shows up to vote, only to find out that it's already over.
People have been in line in Atlanta since 4:30 this morning!
o_O
They are expecting a 90% turnout!
O_O
I voted last month ^_^
Different election, of course, but still!
Have a good day, everyone! :)
RW,
You too!
Sorry, disappeared for a moment!
Hi Princess!
FASC, Glad to see you perky, mobile, and ready to hit the books again!! ;)
Our teeny-weeny election is on Saturday. A proportion of our votes will swing depending on the US outcome. >_<
*breathes deeply*
Right, really off this time.
Night! =)
RW!!!
I enjoyed the petting!!
Thank you. ;)
Right after breakfast, I am going.
I've been saying spells all night. O_O
I get to vote after work today.
I hope I'm not in line until 3 am. That would bum me out somethin' fierce.
19 mins until the polls close here! Whoop! Whoop!
My stomach is doing flip-flops!!
Oh snap, polls are closed here!
Hey RW!
I may be drunk!
I think this is the case.
Hi, everyone. I'm on vacation!
I will be so embarrassed by this internet promenade come the dawn.
Hi, Solly & GV! :D
John McCain wins Kentucky, while Barack Obama takes Vermont as first results start rolling in.
Hey, RW!
Talk to me, stranger.
What's happening?
Katherine, RW, Results Anon!
What you guys up to?
Thanks, results anon! :)
Not too much exciting to tell you about, GV. I'm just working on a bunch of grey wool suits at the moment. It's going to be a very boring opera to look at! O_o
What have you been up to?
Waiting anxiously for election results, Solly!
Whatchoo up to?
Which opera?
Hello, miss Solly!
It's called Fidelio, GV. I'm not familiar with it.
Sorry, guys, I ran off to take a bath!
Yay! I got to vote! Whoop! Whoop!
Obama wins Pennsylvania!
Yayness for Smoke!
I've never heard of Fidelio, either.
Looking it up.
Yay! So glad everyone got to vote!
Obama's got 103 electoral votes so far.
McCain's for 34.
270 is needed to win the presidency.
I was stressing earlier. It's so easy to talk yourself out of it anyway, ya know? But when I thought I actually couldn't vote? OMG, I was gonna be so disappointed. O_O
Huzzah, S&V! :D Did you have to wait in line a long time?
Have fun in the baff, Solly! DON'T USE UP ALL THE SOAP!
It took less than 3 minutes, RW. No joke. O_o
RW,
I'm outta da baff now!
This kind of stuff makes me want to eat snacks and watch Brian Williams on NBC Nightly News.
I miss Tim Russert.
Makes me have a sad.
I know! :(
I wish I had a smoothie.
Yeah, Mustard should be here to make us one.
Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert are supposed to be having something on tonight at 10pm.
John Stewart is hawwht.
I ♥ him.
That makes me have a major sad. :(
No Mustard. No PPU.
Wahahaha.
And I'm getting a headache. Pooh!
Sad, ain't it?
Dare I say the word?
It's pathetic really.
Where did Katherine go?
o_O
I'm here.
I made some food. Typed up a story.
I'm listening.
I'm under the influence.
But I'm listening!
What or who are you under the influence of?
And can I have some?
Niiiice. :)
I want a meffin' smoothie. Damn. I have no fruit. That sucks.
Tim Robbins went to vote today and they told him his name wasn't on the list. He was pissed. O_O
For the first time in a very, very long time, I'm under the influence of alcohol.
Pinot Grigio, specifically. I can't remember if you drink.
But we can pretend!
And I'm done typing up my story and I'm eating the food I made so now I'm here.
I was talking on Mayonaise today of all places how I couldn't vote today and begging everyone to vote for me. I forgot to change my address and by the time I realized it was too late to even do an absentee ballot.
It looks like all the Americans on here voted, though.
Yay!
Bwahaha, Tim Robbins. I know it's not supposed to be funny but it kinda is because I can see him going crazy.
Well, Katherine, at least you tried, you know? I'm sure lots of people got turned away today for different reasons.
We have that ID law and they are very strict on that.
ID law? You have to show your ID in order to vote?
They're having problems with some of the absentee votes in Florida. This was the problem with the 2000 election in which Al Gore lost.
We have to show ID in Canada when we go vote.
Okay.
I feel really embarrassed being here and being intoxicated amongst you good people.
I shall talk to all of you later at some point of sobriety.
Independent of who wins, they will be the next Herbert Hoover. My sympathy goes out to them.
But I have hope for the next four years anyhow, actually.
I'm going to aimlessly wander the internet terrain.
Good evening!
Have fun, GV! :D
It was lovely to see you!
Night, Katherine.
Night, Katherine! ^_^
Fucking Florida, again? Good grief.
It's for a really stupid reason too. They fill out the ballots differently for absentee Florida voters than they do for other places, apparantly. So unless they're filled out exactly that way (and it's a really convoluted, confusing way), then they are debating whether or not they should count, even though it's obvious by the way the people did fiil them out who it is they voted for.
If this election gets lost because of that ridiculousness, I predict a riot.
Oh, man, now I'm nervous and eating Tostitos.
I'll be back in a bit! I'm nervous, too! I can't sit still!
EEEEEEEKKKK!!!
I have no Tostitos to eat!!
>_<
Arrghh, my head hurts! 15 states at the top of the hour so says Brian Williams.
O_O
Lots more states to go!
Gosh, you've got lots of states in your country!
I predicit a late night for me. I'm gonna be so tired tomorrow! >_<
RW,
I know, me too. I don't know if I can sleep but I don't know if I can stay up. Maybe I'll just fall out on the couch.
Projected winner in Ohio- Obama
Obama just won Ohio!!
It's a big one for him!
Snap, Splly! ^_^
*Solly
O_o
I am excited, my spelling is going to hell!
I can be Splly, RW!
We rule!
Heehee! :D
Did I tell you we're having election cake at work tomorrow?
Regardless of who wins, we're having cake. But if Obama wins it's going to be a lovely big fancy cake, and if McCain wins it's going to be one of those ole cheap frozen McCain cakes.
Obama just won New Mexico!!
Eat cake for me, RW!
I just heard that, RW!
He's gonna win, ain't he? He is!
I just know it! ^_^
EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!
I shall eat a big piece of cake for you, Solly! ^_^
I dunno. I'm just waiting for Florida to go and fuck something up.
Oh and no thanks to Georgia.
Bwahahahhahahahahah!
Seriously. Thanks, Georgia. You guys suck. >_<
And what the hell with Florida? Why can't they ever get it right? Jesus!
It still looks like Obama is ahead in Florida.
Whoooohooo!!! :)
McCain just picked up West Virginia.
200 to 90 on the electoral side.
Obama ahead.
It's really interesting to watch the MSNBC live stream as it's obvious that all the correspondents are behind Obama.
Do you get Fox news, RW? Because it's the total opposite.
I'm watching just regular old NBC coverage because that's what I'm used to.
They are spray painting Rockefeller Center Ice Rink with an electoral map! HOW COOL!
COOL!! ^_^
I think Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert are supposed to be on CTV in 10 minutes.
I don't get Fox news, Solly. I don't get any TV channels. I am watching a live stream of the election results on MSNBC on my computer.
Ooooooooooooooooh, okay, RW.
Gotchoo now.
I think they may have more results at the top of the hour.
Texas has just gone to McCain.
That's a lot of electoral votes, but it's not a surprise that McCain got it.
Nah, not a surprise, RW. Just like Georgia going to McCain was not a big shocker.
Obama's won Iowa.
Obama is leading in Nevada.
Texans suck.....except for twisted...LOL! Just thought i would pop in here and say hi.So hi! Gotta run.
Obama is leading in Florida Virginia, and North Carolina, but they're still too close to call.
Hi, Twisted! :)
Hi Rw, exciting isn't it?
I'm riveted, TS!!
So am i Rw, i'm at the edge of my seat! :)
I can't remember the last time I was this excited over something!
Olympics don't even come close!
Welp, guys, I'm gonna go watch the rest of this from my couch!
Night, night!
It kinda reminds me of New years! Let the countdown begin! A new year and a new president!
Goodnight solly. If you see kapunua tell her she can unclinch her you know what!HA HA!
Have a good night, Solly! ^_^
That's exactly what it feels like, TS! New Year's Eve!
Have you been seeing pics from Grant Park in Chicago? They're expecting at least half a million people there tonight!
Gotta run and put son and hubby to bed so i can watch the news. Nice talking to you Rw.I will try to come back later. :)
No i haven't seen that, i will look that up!
Have a good night, TS! ^_^
It's Obama!! He's won it!!!!!
^_^
he won Kapunua!!!!
Snap, anon! :)
HE WON!!!!
Sorry, been running all over the place screaming my head off on the net.
WHOOOOOOOOP!!!
-Izumi
I'm excited, and I'm not even American!
RW, I am almost peeing myself I'm so happy. I was very seriously considering moving to Canada if McCain, or especially Palin, got a foot near the Oval Office.
HELLZ YEAH, this rocks so hard!
-I
*squeezes anon*
^_^
*squeezes RW back*
And I even made sure to clean up the pee. ;D
-I
Well done! ^_^
My computer's starting to slow down, so I'm going to sign off blogger. Gonna listen to Obama's speech, then head to bed.
Have a good night! :)
Night to you, too. <3
-I
What began twenty-one months ago in the depths of winter must not end on this autumn night. This victory alone is not the change we seek - it is only the chance for us to make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things were. It cannot happen without you.
I think that was my favorite part of that speech. It inspired me and made me more hopeful, as i'm sure it did alot of Americans.
November 5, 2008 12:59 AM
I know i will sleep a little more peaceful tonight :)
NUTS, I MISSED ALL THE FUN!
I was having a state-calling party with my friend.
JOY
JOY
JOY
JOY
Post a Comment