Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July

Because it's summertime and the blog needs more Shooter Jennings.

Alone with the morning burning red
on the canvas in my head
Painting a picture of you
And me driving across country,
in a dusty old RV
Just the road and its majesty
And I'm looking at you with the world in the rear view

You were pretty as can be,
sitting in the front seat
Looking at me,
telling me you love me,
and your happy to be,
With me on the 4th of July
We sang Stranglehold
until the stereo Couldn't take no more of that rock n roll
So we put on a little George Jones and just sang along

Those white lines get drawn into the sun
if you aint got no one To keep you hanging on
And there you were
like a queen with your nightgown,
riding shotgun from town to town
Staking a claim on the world we found
And I'm singing to you,
your singing to me ,
you were out of the blue to a boy like me

You were pretty as can be,
sitting in the front seat
Looking at me, telling me you love me ,
and your happy to be,
With me on the 4th of July
We sang Stranglehold until the stereo
Couldn't take no more of that rock n roll
So we put on a little George Jones and just sang along

and im looking for you in the silence that we share



p.s. And because I love it and there's nothing better than singing along to the radio.

(Did I mention I love to sing?)

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

First!!

sdock10 said...

Whoop! Whoop!

*bows down*

Smoke said...

WTF? Is that a DM ghost in the top spot? Kass? Is it really you?

WHOOOO-HOOOOOOO!

^_^

I ♥ Shooter Jennings! YAY!

Smoke said...

And I'll have you all know that bugged me last night until I figured out what it was I was giving PPU to drape around him.

A red, white and blue, sparkly CAPE! Like Super-Duper-Patriotic-PPU!

*lets out a deep breath*

Finally. That shit like to have drove me crazy last night. O_o

sdock10 said...

Smoke,

I'm not sure I would have told that story.

Bwah!

I ♥ you, Suzanne Sugarbaker!

sdock10 said...

BWAH!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Hello, yes it is me.

Happy Independence Day Treehouse-Dwellers!!

Have a Krispy Kreme Burger on me. Yummy!

And with that sentiment I head off into the wasteland of another unfulfilling weekend in which I will achieve absolutely nothing of any consequence...

Kass xx

Smoke said...

Kass,

That was the funniest shit I've read in a long time. Have a great weekend. ^_^

farawaysoclose said...

hello porchies!

Happy 4th July!!

do you all get the day off?

kass you beat me hands fuckin down today!!

its already 17.34 here lovelies!!

hope you are all good?!

sdock10 said...

PPU,

Are having a nice 4th? Are you chilling with your other homie ho's and having a few beers?

Drink one for me!

Just one, though. I can't handle much more than that.


Once, I drank 3 beers in less than a half an hour. Don't know what I was trying to prove. But anyhow, it wasn't a very nice outcome. Sure I got drunk, but it was oh so much more than that.

Did I mention that hot dogs were involved?

Did I mention that it was probably the 4th of July when all that happened?

Oh the memories....

Smoke said...

Bleh. That's gross.

sdock10 said...

Uh huh, I know.

resurrected wreck said...

I ♥ you anyway, Solly :)

sally said...

Hey everyone!

Happy 4th of July porchies!

Hope you are all enjoying your Friday, and do take care during this holiday :)

Bye.

resurrected wreck said...

Hi & bye, KD :)

Anonymous said...

You guys have a great 4th.

Uh huh.

Thank you very much!

Smoke said...

You is so funny, PPU. Do you like your cape? Do you? Is it sparkly enough fer ya? ^_^

sdock10 said...

PPU,

I ♥ you.

Duh, you already knew that though.

Have a safe and happy holiday!

Smoke said...

PPU!!!!!!!!!!!

RW!!!!!!!!!!!

MUSTARDSSS!!!!!!!!

FIMBLE!!!!!!!

JULES!!!!!!!!!

MISST!!!!!!!!

LUCY!!!!!!!!!!!

JENN!!!!!!!!!!

SOLLY!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS ERRBODY ON THE PORCH!?!?!

sdock10 said...

You forgot FASC!!!

And I'm right here!

Smoke said...

YES! AND FASC!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoke said...

And PP!!!!!!!!!!

And SIS MIDNITE!!!!!

sdock10 said...

Star!

Smoke said...

Yes! Damn, I knew I should never have started a list. I always forget somebody!

sdock10 said...

Whatchya reckon PPU is doin?

Smoke said...

Ummm, I bet they are feeling pretty bad right now because they didn't come pick me up. >_<

I wanted to chill with their homies.

Damn it.

Bwah! I have no idea what PPU might be doing.

sdock10 said...

Smoke,

Did everyone else get sucked into a blogger black hole?

Why have we been left all alone in BlogBelieve?

Anonymous said...

She really did think he was posting things for and about her, didnt she?

She did think he was falling for her and the poetry was for her.

shakes head

Be there for her porchies. It was never about her. She was just a side of intellectual stimulation that he quickly bored of.

Talk to her. Tell her to stop trying to impress him. It won't work. He'll never want her.

Anonymous said...

5:55 is a psycho

Anonymous said...

And she is not interested in him. He doesn't sound like a person you want to impress.