Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Losing Touch

Console me in my darkest hour
Could this be that the truth is always grey
Caress me in your velvet chair
Conceal me from the ghost you cast away

I'm in no hurry, you go run
And tell your friends I'm losing touch
Fill their heads with rumours of impending doom
It must be true

Console me in my darkest hour
And tell me that you'll always hear my cries
I wonder what you got conspired
I'm sure it was the consolation prize

I'm in no hurry, you go run
And tell your friends I'm losing touch
Fill the night with stories, the legend grows
Of how you got lost

But you made your way back home
You sold your soul, like a Roman vagabond yeah

I heard you found a wishing well
In the city
Console me in my darkest hour (in my darkest hour)
And you throw me down

I'm in no hurry, you go run
And tell your friends I'm losing touch
Fill your crown with rumours
Impending doom, it must be true

But you made your way back home
You sold your soul, like a Roman vagabond

And all that now you got lost, but you made your way back home
You went and sold your soul, an allegiance dead and gone
I'm losing touch


The Killers

114 comments:

sdock10 said...

I love The Killers.

Duh!

farawaysoclose said...

me too solly!!

i am positive Brandon wrote this one about Gerard Way after reading us at early Mayo's!!

come on it's for sure!

hee hee!

sdock10 said...

Totally! Too Right!

Let's share Brandon love today!

resurrected wreck said...

Am home from work with a killer migraine >_<

MissTottenham said...

Hiya porch!

RW, I hope your migraine gets better soon sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Hi Errbody! *waves*

Just a quick in and out for me. I hope you are all having a great day, it's almost bedtime here.

Nearly the weekend!WHOOP WHOOP!

resurrected wreck said...

Hi, Lucy :)

Anonymous said...

Miss T! We arrived at the same time! *quickly hides Wispa bar behind back*

resurrected wreck said...

Hi & thank you, Miss T :)

MissTottenham said...

Hiya Lucy sweetie.

Whoop whoop for the weekend indeed.

Anonymous said...

Hi RW! Bloody hell, usually there is never anyone here on the Pork when I pop in! Are you making any fantabulous costumes at the mo?

MissTottenham said...

Hey RW, I can smell wispa, can you?

*sniff sniff*


Lucy, why do you have that "I'm hiding something look on your face"?

resurrected wreck said...

Well, at the moment I'm home sick from work with a migraine, Lucy.

resurrected wreck said...

How are you guys doing today?

Anonymous said...

Moi? *looks innocent*

Nope. I definitely can't smell anything.

resurrected wreck said...

What's wispa?

Anonymous said...

Oh no that's awful RW. I have only ever had 2 migraines in my life and I wanted someone to just shoot me and put me out of my misery. Try and keep hydrated, that helps I think.

MissTottenham said...

I hope you feel better soon RW.

I've never had a migraine so I can't beging to imagine how bad they are.


Wispa is chocolate dude.

Anonymous said...

www.chocablog.com/reviews/cadbury-wispa/

resurrected wreck said...

You guys have never had migraines??

*is VERY envious*

I usually only get them when there's a sudden change in air pressure.

resurrected wreck said...

Oooo! It's a chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Cadburys Wispa melts in your mouth cos of all the little bubbles, and the velvety texture is heavenly...*drools*

resurrected wreck said...

This is one of my faves

resurrected wreck said...

Wispa sounds like Aero. I love Aero!

MissTottenham said...

Never heard of skor RW. But Lucy is right that wispa just melts in your mouth.

Yum Yum.

MissTottenham said...

We have aero too RW. Yeah they are really similar.

Anonymous said...

I need to go and hit the scratchy hay, but I'm so happy I got to speak to you both tonight! :D

Jules, I know you are cezy bizzy with studying but I miss you loads.

Sisters, I'm gonna go and backread now and see what I've missed! Love you all to bits! x

resurrected wreck said...

Mirage bar is Canadian & is similar to Aero and Wispa. I love bubbly milk chocolate!

resurrected wreck said...

Have a good night, Lucy :) Lovely to chat with you!

MissTottenham said...

Nighty night Lucy, it was great to chat. See you nect time sweetie.




Do you have flakes RW? I love those. I had one earlier.

resurrected wreck said...

Cadbury Flakes? We get them in specialty candy shops here.

resurrected wreck said...

British chocolate is popular here. But, as you might expect, duty costs are high so usually the price of British chocolate bars at shops here is outrageous!

MissTottenham said...

Oh no, that's no good. Unaffordable chocolate is mean.

resurrected wreck said...

Canadian chocolate isn't bad either, thankfully.

MissTottenham said...

LOL that's good then.

I've heard the American stuff can be a bit crappy at times.

resurrected wreck said...

*looks to see if there are any American's around just now*

>_>

<_<

Yep, it can be kinda dodgy.

MissTottenham said...

LOL hahahahaha ! I think it is safe. No one else but us at the mo.


Of course, you can't beat the best Belgian chocolate *drooooooooool*

resurrected wreck said...

YUM!!

MissTottenham said...

Do you get much belgian choccies in Canada?

resurrected wreck said...

We get some. It ain't cheap though!

MissTottenham said...

Yeah, but you're paying for the quality.


I am so drooling right now. I will have to have choccie before bedtime.

resurrected wreck said...

Mmmm, bedtime chokkie...

resurrected wreck said...

I had chocolate mousse tonight.

MissTottenham said...

Ooooooooooo mousse. Lovely.

We have some chocolate angel delight in the cupboard that needs eating up.

resurrected wreck said...

What's that?

resurrected wreck said...

Whatever it is, it sounds good!

MissTottenham said...

It's in a packet and you add milk and whisk and it turns into a fluffy mousse.

resurrected wreck said...

Sounds just like what I had.

MissTottenham said...

hahahaha funnily enough that's what made me think of it ^_^

resurrected wreck said...

We used to have something here called Whip'n'Chill, which is essentially the same as the mousse-in-a-packet I made, but of a better quality. They don't seem to make it anymore though :/ Typical.

MissTottenham said...

I hate when they do that. Take things away or change the flavour or name when it's been fine for years.

Why do they have to spoil things?

resurrected wreck said...

Don't know :(

I had Dr. Oetker's chocolate mousse. It was good, but not as good as Whip'n'Chill. Dr. Oetker's does make really good frozen pizzas, though.

resurrected wreck said...

I'm really picky about my frozen pizzas.

MissTottenham said...

I'm picky about pizza too. Pizza hut all the way for me. I just love their deep pan.

resurrected wreck said...

I prefer my homemade pizza to any other pizza I've tried. Though there's a company in town called Amato's that's pretty good too.

MissTottenham said...

I'll bet yours are amazing RW.

resurrected wreck said...

*blushes*

:)

I'll make you some if you're ever in town, Miss T.

MissTottenham said...

Aw thanks RW. I just gotta get that lottery win now to pay for my ticket hahaha!

resurrected wreck said...

I & the pizza shall be waiting for you!

MissTottenham said...

Hahahahaha sounds great.

I can almost smell it from here.

resurrected wreck said...

T'is the pepperoni!

MissTottenham said...

Hahahaha when I was last in London, me, my uncle and my little cousin went to pizza hut.

They have pizza with pepperoni on it and I always kid my cousin that they are actually scabs and some poor kid in the kitchens is picking them off his knee to put on the pizza hahaha!

resurrected wreck said...

O_O

ICK!

MissTottenham said...

It is always the image that springs into my mind.

resurrected wreck said...

>_<

resurrected wreck said...

I haven't been able to eat pizza since my food poisoning incident just before Christmas. It wasn't actually the pizza that caused the food poisoning, but as pizza was the last thing I ate before I started throwing up, I associate it with the ill feeling.

MissTottenham said...

I know what you mean RW.

I had a small bout of food poisoning after eating one prawn cocktail crisp. I couldn't eat them again for years cos of the association.

resurrected wreck said...

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure it was the prawns at the staff Christmas buffet that was the culprit. It was something at that buffet as all but two people there came down with food poisoning that weekend.

The prawns, by the way, were brought to the party by the head of the Health & Safety committee. Ironic.

resurrected wreck said...

Time for me to head off for the evening.

Have a good one, Miss T :)

MissTottenham said...

LOL RW, isn't it always the way. You could write the script.


Anyway, it is after midnight so I am gonna wish you goodnight sweetie.

Nighty night

xxxxxxx

resurrected wreck said...

Night night :)

anima said...

I am truly in awe. I've been popping around and I just felt the need to back read on DM. Thank you, that's all I can say.

I have many to thank. Right now I have to get back to working on things - but I just wanted to come by and say hello.

RW, take care of your migraine. Those suck. I've had pretty sucky headaches, but not that extreme. Thankfully. Get some rest.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIMBLELINA!
Sorry I missed it love.

Solly, you nailed it with your post last week. I've had trouble crying the last few days. My dad's life was so full. And we did celebrate it! Not that I totally accept what has happened and I will cry many times, I am still so thankful to have been a part of his life.




Crap, there was more I wanted to say, but I already lost it. :(

I will be back soon. Just need to get some things done.

You are all truly amazing. Thank you for being you.

&hearts:

anima said...

♥ of course...


^_~

farawaysoclose said...

morning porchies!

anima, so lovely to see you here. i have been thinking of you and wondered if i should comment you again at your place, but i didn't want to bother you, i know you must have so much going on at the moment. so it is so lovely to read you here!! take care and i am thinking of you.

♥ to you!

RW hope you feel better today?

miss T and lucy *waves*

sisters *hugs*

K, miss reading you around, hope you are doing good?

well if i have missed anyone i do apologise.

farawaysoclose said...

♥'s!!!!! it's fucking plural!

random *waves* to Jenn and Carrie!

sdock10 said...

RW,

Hope you feel better today!

Lucy Bean, *squeeze*

MissT, I am always forever missing you!!


Anima,

♥s to you! You've been in all of our hearts and on all of your minds. Sending you hugs and love.

FASC,

Good almost afternoon to you!

sdock10 said...

Awesome news, SMOKE, please read:

The Dead Weather

farawaysoclose said...

oops i got lost in youtube for a bit!!

for solly and proncess.

this is exactly how it is in England, we do this all the time! hahaha! of course we don't but this is such an English video! well not the hugging but the whole look. i am rambling again!

happy thursdays folks!

farawaysoclose said...

ooh a new band! he is one busy boy isn't he?!

right gotta fly!

sdock10 said...

Yayness, he sure is!

Hang You From The Heavens

Jennicula said...

Oh, I do love me some Jack.

Smoke said...

I wonder if Jack will let me be in a band with him. Awwwww!!!!

Yayness!

I'm at home sick with icky sinus and allergy crud. Yuck!

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

Smoke said...

Oh! And it is so lovely to see you around here, Anima! :)

I have to say that today I am missing some folks hardcore. Lots of them.

And maybe a unicorn.

:(

MissTottenham said...

Hiya porch.

Anima, it was great to read you again sweetie. I hope you are OK, my thoughts are often with you. Love you sweetie.



Argh solly, we do keep missing each other. I haven't been ruderied by you in days now. I am shaking with withdrawls.


I miss eveyone else too. these damned timezones. I hardly catch any of you except the brits these days.

xxxx

MissTottenham said...

Missed you all again.

Oh well, nighty night porch. Have a great weekend everyone.

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi,all.

Anima, it's so good to read you. Believe me, you don't need to be thanking any of us. You just please take care of yourself. ♥

Smoke said...

Jules!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEKKKK!!!

*squeeze*

Anonymous said...

Guys, I don't know if you heard, but my dog is in the hospital being a hermaphrodite.

You know, the one everyone always said is "too pretty to be a boy?"

Yeah. He had a grand mal seizure on Sunday which, let me tell you, I've seen tons of seizures, but it is different when it's your own. I was crying, I don't deny.

They thought he had: cancer, liver failure, idiopathic epilepsy, septicemia, anemia, ennui, the kitchen sink, Ilse de France, Guy Fawkes Day, your Mom...

And they checked him for just about everything. Tests like mad and finally HUGE exploratory surgery.

Ends up that my male dog had a uterine infection. And an ovary. And another weird, pulsating, tubular stricture that was probably a fallopian tube. And then some balckbirds flew out, a long, colorful knotted group of scarves, some clowns and the entire cast of Les Miserables.

He is a true hermaphrodite, with a penis and testicle (the testicle was removed during his neuter) and a uterus and ovary (removed during exploratory.) He got neutered and then spayed. He got speutered.

Between being at the vets all the time, mid terms (OVER!) registration week (OVER and I am now enrolled in both schools, the medicine and the massage therapy,) and just, well, yeah, it's been pretty damn crazy.

Hope you are all well.

Miss you guys. ♥

Anonymous said...

La Principesaaaaaaaa!

Smoke said...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

farawaysoclose said...

Ends up that my male dog had a uterine infection. And an ovary. And another weird, pulsating, tubular stricture that was probably a fallopian tube. And then some balckbirds flew out, a long, colorful knotted group of scarves, some clowns and the entire cast of Les Miserables.

haha! i LOL'd!

nice to see you around K! you have been missed!

wow your poor doggy. i really hope it is going to be OK? poor thing!

hey porchies!

i have just been to mayo's. let's just say i have no desire to post there today. poor mayo is all, i honestly wonder if he regrets creating the monster that his blog has become at times?

oh well, oh well, oh well.

farawaysoclose said...

but on a brighter note it's fucking friday!!

farawaysoclose said...

and Ray's "Hard at work" blog rules!

resurrected wreck said...

Whee!

Happy Friday ^_^

farawaysoclose said...

i picked up my new glasses yesterday, and they cost me a shit load cos i am really short sighted! within 5 mins of leaving the shop i am feeling nauseous! of the morning sickness variety. kinda *exhale* long and hard repeatedly and rather dramatically. I persevered for about 2 hours but i had to take them off. they have made them too strong or the angulation is wrong against my eyes or something? it has happened before but i'm fucked off as i have to go back into town and get it sorted and i can't be fucking bothered.

so there ya go!

farawaysoclose said...

hey RW!!!

good to see you!

hope you are doing good? feeling better?

resurrected wreck said...

He got neutered and then spayed. He got speutered.

O_O

resurrected wreck said...

Hi, FASC :)

I had a wondrful sleep last night & am feeling all bright and chipper this morning, which isunusual for me for 6:47am! I hope the mood lasts the day!

How are you?

resurrected wreck said...

Sucks about your glasses :(

farawaysoclose said...

He got neutered and then spayed. He got speutered.

yeah that was great!

i am fine RW! a bit tired but that's pretty normal! glad you are feeling better.

and yes it does suck about my glasses but i'll get them sorted, i just wanted them now!

resurrected wreck said...

I wish you luck with your glasses!

Got to head off...

Have a lovely day ^_^

farawaysoclose said...

thanks RW!

have a good day!

have a good day everyone also, i've gotta go too.

Anonymous said...

Hiya guys! Hi FASC and RW! Guess what, I get to pick up my she-male from the hospital today. The poor thing is slit from sternum to hips; I have to have the stupid e-collar on him. But I decided to buy some t shirts and put them on him backwards in order to prevent him from licking or chewing his incision. That might work instead. This is going to be a loooong two weeks. But my Lady Chablis will be at home at least.

FASC, I'm sorry about those glasses. Man, I had that happen once. How bad are your eyes? Before my surgery, I was legally blind without glasses.

Weirdly, I kind of miss glasses. However I'll probably need reading glasses in a few years anyway.

I have missed you guys, too. ^_^

Anonymous said...

I can't find Katherine. WTH?

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry Kapunua.

I signed in on a different gmail account and didn't realize.

How's school? Stuff? Updates!

I would love updates from anyone who frequents here and cares to share, actually. :)

Jennicula said...

Hey chicki-poohs

Jennicula said...

Kapunua, I'm sorry to hear about your puppy. I hope this weekend goes well for you.

When we got our cat fixed he ate through his stitches and we had to put the bucket on his head. I felt so bad for him because he kept running into things.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Hey Jennicula and Katherine. :D

Well, Haku is home. He is a sad, sad little muffin. The incision is so ugly. It's just one big swollen bruise and he keeps crying. Awww. But I know he will get better.

Katherine, well I registered yesterday for my second trimester and now i am doing two programs, the medicine and the massage program on top of that. It's kind of neat. :)

How about you? What are you up to?

Anonymous said...

Hi Errbody!

*waves back to FASC*

Jules I have just read about Haku and I'm so glad he is well enough to be at home with you now so you can give him lots of TLC. Hopefully he'll feel much more comfortable really quickly, bless his little cotton socks. *mental image of doggie in backwards t- shirt and socks*

I'm off to watch some stuff on sky plus as I only have 10% left on the hardrive. Yikes!

We need to make an AIM date people! AIM!

Smoke said...

It's finally Friday! WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

farawaysoclose said...

hey guys!!

just in and out!! i have been watching Comic Relief and boo hooing. so fucking sad. it's red nose day in the UK (google it) raising money for charities and people in need here and in Africa. so fuckin heartbreaking, but fab to see so many really big celebs getting involved.

*waves* back to Lucy!

To fimmy and miss T did you see James Corden's English team talk? meffing vrilliant!

K my prescription is a ridiculous -6 and -6.5!! i know it's not good!

gotta go guys no time.

hiya proncess ^^

farawaysoclose said...

not forgetting Jenn and KI!

resurrected wreck said...

Damn! It took me forever to get back to this post!

Can we not comment in the new post?

resurrected wreck said...

I hope your doggie feels better soon, K :)