Love's Reality
I WALK, I trust, with open eyes;
I've travelled half my worldly course;
And in the way behind me lies
Much vanity and some remorse;
I've lived to feel how pride may part
Spirits, tho' matched like hand and glove;
I've blushed for love's abode, the heart;
But have not disbelieved in love;
Nor unto love, sole mortal thing
Or worth immortal, done the wrong
To count it, with the rest that sing,
Unworthy of a serious song;
And love is my reward: for now,
When most of dead'ning time complain,
The myrtle blooms upon my brow,
Its odour quickens all my brain.
Coventry Patmore
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
107 comments:
I had a dream last night that this girl was baking fresh bread and when it was done it came out looking exactly like a loaf of Sunbeam but when she went to slice it, it was more like Angel Food cake.
And I was like, well damn, that's some fresh bread right there. I have never seen someone bake bread that looks fresh like the loaves in the store.
Now I am wondering...did it taste like bread or like cake?
Okay, so I just watched Britney's new video. *sigh* She looks good in it, really good, and I mean we get to see lots of her in it, practically all of her. But the song? Womanizer, womanizer, womanizer, you're a womanizer...that's like almost all the words, for real. Over and over. Guess they were going for simplicity, catchy, hooky, and nakedness, and well, seeing as how it's stuck in my head, I'm guessing it worked.
Womanizer, womanizer, womanizer....
Now I want some fresh baked bread and honey butter! >_<
Did you try our flavored coffees?
I did. I tried the cinnamon hazelnut and OMG it is da bomb. ^_^
TISNF!
You two should get together and bake some bread. The dream was a sign. ^_^
Of what?
o_O
Mmmmmm, bread cake...
Howdy RW!
Wassup?
Hi, Solly! :D
Just waiting on my pizza crust to rize, then I shall make lunch.
Whatchoo doing?
*rise
He's making me listen to Nickelback! WAHAHAHA!
O_O
Umm ripping cds onto my computer and umm waiting for Rock of Love Charm School to come on tv, so I can get my laughs in for the day.
Pizza sounds yummy scrummy!
Oh! But I did force him to a TBS video this morning. ^_^
*watch
Duh.
Smoke,
Don't go running into traffic. I know how listening Nickelback came make anyone want to off themselves, so I beg of you, resist the urge.
*sings in best Britney voice*
"Womanizer, womanizer, baby, you're a womanizer"
O_o
Time for Charm School! Gotta go see what Megan is gonna get herself into this week!
Be back in a bit!
RW, eat some pizza for me!
Blogger Kapunua said...
You two should get together and bake some bread. The dream was a sign. ^_^
10:22 AM, November 02, 2008
Delete
Blogger sdock10 said...
Of what?
o_O
Of you baking bread. ^_^
Hi RW! You need a cute icon, you know?
Will do, Solly ^_^
Have fun!
Hi, K! :)
Cute icon, eh? Maybe a piccie of me flashing my blig panties?
*bling
I was looking for a cute icon to give you RW and I learned a lesson.
Okay, so never image google "bling panties."
HAHAHA!!
Are you blind now?
Are you in pain?
Are you, in fact, having hateful thoughts?
Don't worry, it just means you're happy!
To know me is to hate me is to love me!
Very hateful indeed, RW. All I want to do is destroy everything around me that's good and pure and beautiful. Only the blackest of my thoughts will be left in the sucking void.
That's how much i ♥ you.
^ See Mayo's
O_O See Mayo's what?
Gotta run to the stores. Later guys!
O_o
Bye, K! :D
Hi, guys! It's dumb over there. Is anyone about?
I took down all my Halloween decorations. I hate when that happens.
Hellooooo? No? pork is empty? Meh.
Juuuuuuuuules!
I'm here now!
Whoop whoop Solly! I'm trying to make an interesting dinner but I think this one is going to fail. O_o I think it's going to be nasty.
What ya doin'?
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lahhhh
*sung Smurf style*
I'm just chillin' Jules. I'm having leftovers for supper. What are you trying to cook? What you 'sperimentin with?
I probably shouldn't have put the seaweed in it.
Well, quinoa rice which I decided I really like, but it needs a few things. So I put some salad beans, some heart of palm, and some fried tofu with some spices.
But tonight I decided to boil seaweed and watercress in with the quinoa and I'm thinking that was a bad idea.
So what does seaweed taste like? Is it like greens or something?
It kinda tastes like when you're swimming at the ocean and you swallow some water.
But it's really, really nice in Japanese soup, like whatever the hell it was that I ate yesterday at the restaurant. I just think I put it in the wrong stuff. O_O
I talked to Fimmy today via text message and she said hopefully she will be able to be on the computer tomorrow.
I miss her so damn bad, just like I miss Mustard.
I miss Fimmy hard, but am actually worried about Splash. It's too bad there really wasn't a rope.
Hmm, this dinner isn't so bad. I should have left the seaweed out but it's not hideous or anything.
I miss Mustard, too. :(
Whatchoo all doing? I gotta do laundry and I'm trying to talk myself out of it.
Hey Princess!
I hate laundry. >_< I always talk myself out of it, too. Then, the clean laundry will just chill out in the basket until I wear it.
Jules is eating her experimental dinner and I just got done nomming on some leftovers and we're talking about how we are missing folks.
Jules, I'm all over leaving the clean laundry in the basket. WTF? Who said you should have to put it away? I mean you're just going to wear it again. It's a waste of time to hang it up or fold it and put it in a drawer.
Exactly!
Same with making the damn bed. I live alone. I don't use a top sheet anyway and I hate having my blankets and stuff tucked in because I move around too much. So I just straighten them out in the morning. WTF with making the bed! I'm the only one who has to see it, and then I just go to sleep in it later anyway!
Yeah, but I got 3 time the laundry cuz LHM likes to change clothes ten thousand times a day. Grrrr.
And his socks have a way of disappearing. O_O
I never make my bed except for Sunday.
Why on Sunday? Because I lay all my laundry that needs folding on it.
Then it ends up in the floor by the end of the day because I've changed my mind.
Bwah.
Jules, We should so be roomies! I agree about the bed making bullshit too, but since I'm here at Mama's I kind of have to. Grrr...
Did you guys know that Smoke and I drove 45 mins to a town looking for some shoes and they didnt have shit in our size? Sucks to be a size 5, I tell ya.
LOL Princess! I end up with my socks on the floor for a few hours because I never feel like folding those bastards.
Aww Solly with your teeny feet! But I'm kind of the opposite. I take a nine in fancy shoes and Target hardly ever has that size in ones that I like. I got lucky with my shiny purples.
Meaning that I was lucky to find them. O_O
Bwahahaha!
Little feet suck. >_<
Those purple shoes were da shiznit, that's for sure!
They would look really pretty on my frazzled lil purple unicorn.
I bet there are people out there who like to suck on lil feet.
Just sayin..
O_O
I got nothin'.
You've never had your toes sucked?
If people so much as look at my feet I will usually just kick them in the face.
I won't even go for a pedicure.
Imma go take a nice warm shower because I'm freeeeeezing now.
Back later! ^_^
Yeah, bathtime for me!
Well, that was nice. Nothing like a hot bath.
It's November! Whoop! Whoop! Princess Smoke has a birthday in 10 days! She's getting old.
Not as old as you! ^_~
How old is she gonna be, Solly??
Ahhhh, so nice. ^_^
I should go and keep my journal for a bit, before I lose a few days. O_O We can't have that! If I don't write it down, it might never have happened.
O_O She is NOT getting old!
31....bwah!
GW's age - OMG, OLD!!!!!!!
Think of it this way, S&V: you are closer to 30 than 40. I am closer to 50 than 30. By comparison, you are just a young 'un!
Next year, I start getting younger.
Baff time.
Have a good night, all! :)
GW's age. Bwahaha! Why is that weird for me to think about? That he and I are the same age? Weird.
O_O
American Psycho, niiiiice!
Imma gonna change mine!
Check me out, botches!
I have a screenshot of Christian Bale in the shower, but umm, I dunno if that is appropriate.
JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!
Now you can all wave to James and it will seem perfectly normal!
*waves to James*
This time thing has got me all mucked up. I feel like I should be in bed and it's only 7.
O_o
*waves to James*
How about this one?
Good one, Solly! ^_^
Have a nice one, RW!
Hey, you guys gonna be on AIM tonight? :)
I'm feeling all silly.
I'm going with this one tonight. Be back in a bit!
AIM, yep, I can do that!
Solly, Crazy Train!
(I like the live version better and always have. ^_^ )
Ohhhh! Crazy Train!
Niiiiice. ^_~
Ozzy owns a little piece of my soul.
I have pieces scattered everywheres.
Randy Rhoads has owned mine since I was a wee little lass.
Awwwwwwwweeeeee!
I ♥ Steven. ^_^
The Crazy is stroooong tonight. O_O
You can say that again. O_O
Although you think I cope,
my head is filled with hope...
of some place other than here.
Although you think I smile,
inside all the while...
I'm wondering about my destiny.
I'm thinking about,
all the things,
I'd like to do in my life.
I'm a dreamer,
a distant dreamer,
dreaming for hope, from today.
Even when you see me frown,
my heart won't let me down,
because I know there's better things to come (Woah Yeah).
And when life gets tough,
I feel I've had enough,
I hold on to a distant star,
I'm thinking about,
all the things,
I'd like to do in my life...
I'm a dreamer,
A distant dreamer,
dreaming for hope from today.
I'm a dreamer,
A distant dreamer,
dreaming for hope from today.
Yeah, I'm a dreamer
Oooooooh...
Oooooooh...
Oooooooh...
I'm a dreamer,
a distant dreamer,
dreaming for hope from today,
Yeah i'm a dreamer...
Oooooooh...
Oooooooh...
Oooooooh...
I'm a dreamer
HARVEST-MOON: 1916
by: Josephine Preston Peabody (1874-1922)
MOON, slow rising, over the trembling sea-rim,
Moon of the lifted tides and their folded burden,
Look, look down; and gather the blinded oceans,
Moon of compassion.
Come, white Silence, over the one sea pathway:
Pour with hallowing hands on the surge and outcry,
Silver flame; and over the famished blackness,
Petals of moonlight.
Once again, the formless void of a world-wreck
Gropes its way through the echoing dark of chaos;
Tide on tide, to the calling, lost horizons,
One in the darkness.
You that veil the light of the all-beholding,
Shed your tidings down to the dooms of longing,
Down to the timeless dark; and the sunken treasure,
One in the darkness.
Touch, and harken--under the shrouding silver,--
Rise and fall of the heart of the sea and its legions
All and one; -- one with the breath of the deathless,
Rising and falling.
Touch and waken, so, to a far hereafter,
Ebb and flow, the deep, and the dead in their longing:
Till at last, on the hungering face of the waters,
There shall be light.
(Light of Light, give us to see, for their sake.
Light of Light, grant them eternal peace;
And let Light perpetual shine upon them,--
Light, everlasting.)
Is it Sunday night already?
*yawn*
Time for bed.
Night, night and sweet dreams.
Wow. J put my hometown out there.
Nice. O_O
For Jules -
Did you have wakame soup? Good shit, that. ;D
<3 - Izumi
The page isn't loading for me, Izumi-chan. But does it have seaweed in it? I'm kinda into the seaweed.
Snap, really? Well I'm sure a quick Google will tell you what it is, but yeah, it's seaweed soup and it's about as good as miso. I think they have instant stuff that you could try for cheap to see if you like it.
I'll bet you they have it at my favorite store, for sure. I was trying to make something from scratch. But I guess that would include things like going to the ocean to harvest my own seaweed or something. O_O
Lol, that'd be fun to explain to people on the beach. 'Nothing new here, just gathering up me seaweed harvest!' Lol
Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks, Izumi-chan!
Say, now that you know where I live, why don't you come for a visit? We have horses out here you know. They're like ghetto horses though, probably. ;D
Do they have grills on their teeth? And big, tripped out medallions for breast collars?
Nah, I don't even need ghetto ponies to come visit yo ass! So don't be alarmed if there's some creepy, looming figure on your doorstep sometime soon. ;D
They do, but since it is such a slum, then all the bling is plastic from the 25 cent machines. Errr, and one of them isn't so much a horse as some bits of cardboard glued together. But I think the glue itself counts toward making it into a real horse.
Hey, if I'm from the slums, then I'm kind of like Aerith.
O_O
'Night, Izumi-chan! Good night Pork!
AND! if you materialize on my doorstep, that'd be kinda cool. Then we would be watching X Files DVDs and replaying FFVII.
In the slums.
In the rain.
:D
Night to you, too. :D
Dude, you be Aeris, then I claim Tifa. Or Reno. ;D
I'll remember you promised me FF7 time, so I'm holding you to it.
Post a Comment