Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home of the Porchies, the Sluts, those afflicted with Smaw Poese, the lonely bitter Hags, the Homie Ho's, the ubiquitous and somewhat cantankerous Unicorn, and anyone else who feels like an outcast from time to time.
83 comments:
morning porchies!
hello to triston! haven't seen you in ages!
guys i miss all the fun!
anyway have good wednesdays!
Hi FASC!
You have a wonderful afternoon!
Good morning everyone.
Hope you all have a lovely day!
XOXO
Solly's Random Poem of the Day:
All Lovely Things
ALL lovely things will have an ending,
All lovely things will fade and die,
And youth, that's now so bravely spending,
Will beg a penny by and by.
Fine ladies soon are all forgotten,
And goldenrod is dust when dead,
The sweetest flesh and flowers are rotten
And cobwebs tent the brightest head.
Come back, true love! Sweet youth, return!--
But time goes on, and will, unheeding,
Though hands will reach, and eyes will yearn,
And the wild days set true hearts bleeding.
Come back, true love! Sweet youth, remain!--
But goldenrod and daisies wither,
And over them blows autumn rain,
They pass, they pass, and know not whither.
Conrad Aiken
Something to think about when you're sitting there thinking that you have nothing to do.
Tick, tock.
Don't blink.
Open your eyes and it's 10 years later.
Hullo :)
Hi RW!
Hi, Solly! :D
I just posted piccies at Mayo's including one of singing zombies.
Gotta run...
Have a good day! ^_^
RW,
I loved the pics! You are so cute!
Hi, guys! it's amazing what gets people upset, you know? A little poetry. Jesus, go out and read the paper and figure out who you're voting for and leave poetry alone! Ah well. ^_^ Yare yare, as they say in Nippon. :)
I'll catch you guys later. ^_^
OH MY GOD. I just remembered the crazy dream I had last night! Oh man, it was so weird and annoying! I'll tell it to you guys later. It's kinda funny but so random and annoying.
Okay, this was my crazy ass dream!
So I'm in Seattle around the U-dub area where I hung out a few times, only in the dream it looks like a little Sicilian town, with narrow cobbled streets and stuff like that. I'm riding around in this little mini vesper, almost like a little tricycle really, and all of these people are eating at little sidewalk cafes. Then a bunch of people tell me to turn down this one corner if I want to see the best Middle Eastern dance show I've ever seen. Well, I love Middle Eastern dance and music (in real life I used to dance,) so I decide to take a look.
The show was held in a restaurant that was carved out of a little cave, with dripping water and an icy pond in the corner. (I was trying to paint a cave in one of my drawings last night, that's why.) The dancer ended up being Lindsey, except she had this incredible long blond hair, and blue eyes that were freaky bright. It looked nothing like her, yet it was still her and I was like, "Damn, that's a whole new look." She was with another woman who was her beffie or manager or both, something like that. Well, she got onto this table and she started to dance, and she was all right at it and the Middle Eastern music was pretty good. At the end of her act, she purposely fell into the icy pond and I was like, "Holy god, that must be really cold, I would not be able to stand being that cold!" She started to sink and all you could see was her eyes, which were very blue. I started to get worried but her manager / friend / whatever assured me that it was a part of her act.
Then it turned into an awards show--I guess I had been reading what Solly and Princess and you all were saying about Scream awards last night--and Gerard sat down next to me. I felt nervous. He turned his dead-ass eyes to me, smiled his empty smile and said, "Hi, I love my wife." I was like, "Err, hi? She looks a little different these days and I always thought she was the dancer for MSI, but, uhh, Middle Eastern is a step up." And he said, "Hi, I love my wife."
I'm like, 'Uhhh... Okay."
I wanted to look away from him because his smile really freaks me out. (In real life, too, because it seems nothing more than the voluntary stretching of the mouth. I realized this morning what it reminds me of. It reminds me of the Burger King king, you know that guy? Creepy!) So I decided to talk to Lindsey who was sitting at my other side at this table. I was going to say to her, "Homeslice over here has a very limited vocabulary!" but as I looked at her, her skin started to turn a reddish color and flake off.
It was an awards show and I didn't want to be rude so I didn't know what to say and I was just like, "Uhh, I think you have a little something, uhh..."
And she said, "Oh, that, it's my allergies. I'm allergic to every kind of food and it makes my skin do that. Soon I'll be really sick and won't be able to walk for a few weeks."
I said, "Maybe you could get some help for that?" She assured me that no doctor had been able to help her and I told her that I would be going to alternative medical school and she should take my email address, because maybe I could find an herbal remedy to help her.
Then she slid off the chair and fell into the water again, and started to float down stream. I turned to Gerard and he was pointing to her, still smiling and saying, "I love my wife!" I was like, "Then maybe you should do something?" and he says, "I love my wife!"
So I got all frustrated with him and I started following her down stream, because all of a sudden I felt this very sad compassion for her and I wanted to help. I was glad she had left MSI and was trying to make something of herself and I realized that I had misjudged her: she was now a professional dancer who had left that band behind. So I kept following her as she floated away, and Gerard was following me following her and I was like, "Get lost! Or look somewhere else!"
Then, she floated to this dock and she resurfaced wearing a wedding dress. I looked around and noticed that everyone was now wearing a wedding dress, including me. I was like "WTF is this?" and then I saw my friend Jamie, who is the director of this Pirate street theater group I used to be a part of (in real life.) I asked him what was going on and he told me that his theater group was putting on a production of Broken Bride and we all had to be a part of it. He was going to play the Traveler, and every woman and little girl was going to play the Bride, even little girls. We all had to get into this little buggy, a "horseless carriage"--and I do mean little, it was like a box--and we would be shipped off to the theater to start our production. So a bunch of us--Lindsey included, as well as some little girls and old ladies--got inside this box-like carriage and they closed the top. Then the shoved us off the pier and into the water. My dress started to get all soggy and I thought, "Good thing it's from Target." Then I realized that we were actually currently enacting Broken Bride and I yelled outside of the box, "What a jip! This isn't even half of the story!"
And then I woke up!
This dude!
Whoop whoop! Hello, whoever might be around. Probably no one.
I have been drawing, cleaning and stuff like that all day. Now I'm cooking dinner (cooking my TEA, sorry,) and then will be off to Kung Fu for a few hours and training with the Beautiful Boy again. On Monday I led the warmup and he led the class and he brutalized us. Then in Black Belt class we did two-person stretches and forms. Verrrry hard to concentrate.
And now, some poems to go with those thoughts.
Forgive me my lord--
I am blind to everything except the light
That plays between your tongue and teeth
Stay away my lord!
Until my fingernails grow sharp
With possibility
That one is kind of funny to me because I have these ridiculously long dragon-lady nails and I always end up accidentally scratching someone with them, or scratching the pads. I usually cut them a lot and they grow like crazy, but for some reason I stopped cutting them. I think I want to see how long they'll get before they break. Meanwhile they are kind of annoying.
/blather
Woman samurai--
Put down your iron war fan
And rest here
^One of my favorites.
Well! That's about enough out of me for now. :) Hope some of you will be around when I get in tonight, although you lot go to bed early and are getting ready for sleep by the time I come home and this gives me a sad. >_<
anyway, hope to catch you guys later!
oh fucking hell K!!
i have just laughed for far too seriously long at your dream!!
like FAR too long! fucking hysterical!
"i love my wife!"
jesus!!
anyway hi guys. i have listened more to the Broken bride EP and my favs are Part 1, part IV and the Save Our City one. II and III don't quite make it as high yet but i am really enjoying it. and still they remind me so much of someone but i don't know who??!
anyway can't stop!! oh it gets so fucking dull doesn't it?!!
gonna go and watch Heroes on sky plus with the bloke.
take care guys! i miss hanging with you. and yeah ........fuckfest tomorrow!!
mustard i just want to say cos i haven't said but totally meant to!! miss you babe!!
ok love to you all!
♥
FASC! Hey! ^_^ My dream made me laugh when I woke up but while I was having it I was so exasperated. And I didn't even see him acting all toolish like that at the awards show either because I didn't watch it. he's just that predictable except he's taken every exaggerated aspect or his ridiculousness and made it real, like he is a cartoon of himself.
I'm so glad you are enjoying Broken Bride! Save Our City is stuck in my head today to the point of insanity. You'll be singing it for weeks!
Oh man, did we pimp out Broken Bride or what? The Ludo Anon started it. :)
Later, FASC!
Mustard,
Jason Mraz is performing on Ellen. I saw his name and thought of you.
I miss you a lot.
Re Broken Bride, again: ^_~
I've decided that right now my absolute favoritist part is from the fourth song, "The Lamb and the Dragon".
When he sings the line, "I've got dragons of my own..."
That's my favorite part.
My second favorite part is when he the celestial beings or whatnot send him back to that morning in May and he sees her.
"Curled up in a ball, there you are."
That's my second favorite part.
Third, is when she asks him, "Back so soon?" and he smiles because he never left at all.
Gah! I could go on and on and on. I wanna call up Andrew and tell him to make some meffin' videos! >_<
I miss Mustard, too. :(
Pooh.
Ummm, Ludo is coming to Tampa.
O_O
Dec 7th.
OMG.
Tix are not on sale yet, WTF?
We must go! We must!
Yep.
O_O
They'll be in Lake Buena Vista next week.
O_O
LUDO!!!!!
BOO!!! O_O
We must.
Tampa is like our 2nd home. It's like it was meant to be or something.
Let's fly Jules down and we all go together!
Boo, RW!
Hi, Solly :)
Hi, S&V and K :)
Whatcha doing?
It's on a Sunday, that kind of blows, but oh well, oh well, oh well, it's LUDO!!!!
RW,
Whatchoo doing?
Smoke and I are planning are next concert getaway!
Hi RW!
I wanna go see LUDO! ^_^
YAY!
Aw, another concert! ^_^
I ain't been to none this year :(
What kind of place is the Ford I wonder?
And we are so gonna go see The Killers when their tix go on sale!
Whoop! Whoop!
If only Fimmy were still in Florida....
I miss her.
The Ford Ampitheater?
O_O
Noooo.
Projekt Rev flashbacks.
X_o
Did Fimmy move back to Manchester permanently?
OMG, was that where Proj Rev was? Noooooooo, was it? I can't remember.
RW, I don't think Fimmy knows yet. She's just seeing what opportunities she can find over there.
Well, I wish her the best of luck :)
Me too, I just miss her a lot.
Yeah, I do believe it was.
*shudders*
I miss Fimmy but I want her to be happy, happy, happy. ^_^
I hope she's having a Fimtastic time! ^_^
And sends us lots of presents ;P
Wha tha hell? They are surely going to be there with like a bunch of bands then, right? At least it won't be 10,000 degrees.
I dunno. O_O
We'll have to keep a lookout for them and what's going on.
LUDO!!!!!!!
Hee-hee.
Presents! Ya hear that, Fimmy? PRESENTS! ^_^
What the hell at Mayo's?
O_O
I dunno, S&V. It seems to be a blogger format change, but it hasn't affected all blogs. VV's is like Mayo's now too.
Okay, that's just weird.
What are you guys seeing?
I just saw it on the main page is that what you are talking about?
Try to view comments, Solly.
Yes, the comments are now on the main page.
So are you just talking about when you click on the blog title and the little box pops up at the bottom? What are you guys talking about the lights being out and all?
Try to make a comment. O_O
That's crazy!
The comment box is itty-bitty.
Damn it just changed for me. I was still getting the regular page up until just now.
My blog is like that too.
I can still load the big box too!
Wha tha hell?
Mine hasn't changed yet.
I'm not getting an itty bitty comment box, but it is a bit smaller than the one here.
Mine hasn't changed either.
Oh, it's itty bitty alright, like Smoke said, postage stamp size.
Is this bloggers way of telling us to kindly STFU?
DM hasn't changed either, has it?
Nope. Not yet.
Gah! Crazy.
I don't like the eye strain I'm getting form reading Mayo's.
I've still got a normal page pulled up for Mayo's, so far.
Blogger needs to quit dicking around with stuff that doesn't need dicking with.
You know what else I noticed? There are no more little trash can icons for you to delete your messages.
At Mayo's, I mean.
Me either!
Grrr!
I still got a trash can over there, RW. You don't?
Dudes,
I still got big comment box and trash cans at Mayo's! I guess I can keep it like this until a new blog is posted. Then, I'm fucked.
Nope, I don't. Unless it's hidden.
Where's yours located?
It's right next to the time on my comment.
I don't have one :/
Well, time for me to turn in. i think Mayo's comment layout hypnotized me and I am feeling sleepy!
Have a lovely night, Solly and S&V ;)
RW,
Your words are too valuable to be tossed in the garbage! Just look at the gem posted on our main page. Even Blogger knows you are golden!
Sweet dreams, RW!
Er, thanks, Solly O_o
Sweet dreams, RW! Night!
Night night! :)
Hi porchies. I hope everyone is doing alright.
Blooger is being stupid. My type is really tiny. Please forgive the typos.
And, what's up with Mayos?
Nighty-night kiddies.
xoxoxox
INVITATION, ABSOLUTELY, UNDENIABLY, RESCINDED
Morning all!
Er, what is 1:14am on about? O_o
Okay, you girls pimp well!
I've listened through all of Broken Bride, courtesy of Marvintherobot on Youtube. =)
It's pretty cool. Last song, so sad. I'm going to have to hunt an old copy down somewhere, cause it's 2006, isn't it?.
*loves any excuse to browse 2nd hand record stores* =)
FASC,
BB reminds me of another rock opera as well. I'm thinking elements of War of the Worlds, more so than Tommy, or The Wall?
*waves to Mustard* =)
Have a great day everyone. =)
Post a Comment