Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Awakening

Gather yourself, up 'til now there's been no clue
The awakening will be swift and harsh and rude
And it won't be what you know and it won't be what you'd expect
And it will carry with it the force of fear-inspiring wreck
This keeps me up all night, makes me pass the day in bed
And it's caused me such grief, it's been months since I've bled
But I will do what is right, I will do what's expected
No I won't be chastised and I won't be rejected

But I will wait for you to come around
And I will wait for you to change your mind
And I will give you your one last chance over and over a thousand times

I wanted to be your shelter, I wanted to be your home
I wanted to be your reason and have that reason made known
So no one would know my weakness, no one would hear what I'm thinking
I am the biggest coward; they call the woman of the hour
Doing eighty miles an hour, I roll the window down
And with the freedom heavy on the air, I felt that I would drown
And everything is different, and though freedom had its price
A poor man's Joan of Arc, through the ashes still I rise

Cause I did wait for you to come around
And I did wait for you to change your mind
And I did give you your one last chance over and over a thousand times
And I will live out of love and I will act out of fairness
And I will be the richness that lies beneath the surface of awareness


Jennifer Nettles

55 comments:

farawaysoclose said...

hello!!

i have never heard of Jennifer Nettles.

thanks for sharing solly!

oh and i love paralyzed princess!

hope you are having good sunndays!

farawaysoclose said...

edit sundays!!

sdock10 said...

Hi FASC!

She's a local girl and now she is super famous in a country duo called Sugarland. But I really love her early solo work the best. She writes some really great songs!

Have a great evening!

Anonymous said...

Damn, damn, damn.

That girl can write.

The awakening will be swift and harsh and rude
And it won't be what you know and it won't be what you'd expect
And it will carry with it the force of fear-inspiring wreck


I can't even begin to tell you how true that is.

And it is scary as hell. It's the longest roller-coaster, wooden and shaky. It's hills and valleys and rivers carrying quicksand. One day you wake up and you have it all figured out, and you know where you're going, and you know exactly the route you'll take, and the exact same night, you'll be begging for a flashlight.

You know this all too well.

And it's going to take time. It won't happen tomorrow or the next day or next month. It could take years. And if that's how long it takes, you deal in the meantime. You work on it, and you count every day as a successful one because you made it through.

And I will live out of love and I will act out of fairness
And I will be the richness that lies beneath the surface of awareness


You have to make that promise to yourself. No one else.

I believe you will do that, and that you are, but do you?

Anonymous said...

O_O

Stop being here at the exact same moment as I am, okay? ;)


Hey, FASC!

Anonymous said...

What is this big pimping business?

Anonymous said...

PPU is a Mack Daddy.

Anonymous said...

I do like to spend some G's, Anon. But I am not sure I deserve the Mack Daddy moniker.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodess, there are persons here!

Everyone went *POOF* on me a few hours ago.

Anonymous said...

PPU!

You is so a Mack Daddy. ^_~

Hee-hee.

Solly made me take that picture of that hat for you. It was all her. Bwah!

I iz watching the stoopidest movie ever. >_<

sdock10 said...

I am watching "Made" on Mtv and eating some chips and salsa, but here's the thing, it's that creamy salsa and I can't get past the color and the texture. So I am really not enjoying it at all.

Smoke, What movie are you watching?

And how weird is it that we come on here at the same fucking time?

Anonymous said...

Yep, just working on some shit at my blog.

Whatchoo guys up to besides stupid movie watching?




Sdock,
I thought I made you mad this morning for some reason. I hope I didn't?

Smoke said...

The Heartbreak Kid with Ben Stiller. It is so not funny. O_o

Smoke said...

Hiya Mustard! :)

sdock10 said...

OMG, Mustard, No, no, no! I didn't even realize we were on at the same time. I am so, so sorry that you thought that even for a second.


My salsa looks like vomit.

Just sayin....

Smoke said...

EWWWWWWWW!!!! That is gross!

sdock10 said...

It does. It's sorta pinkish orange and chunky. It's just like vomit and it's not as good in my mind as plain ol salsa.

Anonymous said...

Heya, SMOOOOOKE!




No, that's totally cool, because I was like, "I dunno how that's going to come off." :)

Smoke said...

Okay, I won't be trying it anytime soon. @_@

Smoke said...

I iz bored. :(

I had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with candy sprinkles and little tiny lemon sugar wafer cookies.
It was very yummy but now I feel all icky.

sdock10 said...

PPU musta lefted us already. Gotta give them props for mixin' it up and appearing on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Way to keep us on our toes!

Smoke said...

Awwww, PPU is prolly bored today, too. I know I am.

sdock10 said...

I'm bored as hell too. There's not a fucking thing on television, not even PPV movies. I could listen to music, I guess. But I'm afraid it would be an afternoon of sad songs. I'm not totally desperate and sad and pathetic enough to drink the Natural Light that is in my fridge. Talk about instant vomit!

sdock10 said...

Well, Smoke, it's hard out there for a Pimp. Bwahhahah!

Smoke said...

Natural Light = horse piss.

Just sayin'....

And I totally read that as PPU movies. Bwah!

MUSTARD! WHERE'D YOU GO????

sdock10 said...

Where is Fimmy today?

*waves to Fimmy*

Smoke said...

I dunno. Where is everyone? Is MissT coming back today or tomorrow?

sdock10 said...

I am listening to Saosin right now.

Niiiiiiiice!

Smoke said...

Cool!

I am now listening to Law & Order. Imagine that.

Anonymous said...

Still here!

sdock10 said...

I wish I had enough guts to chop off my hair. And that it would look like some cool new 'do when I was done.

Smoke said...

I just did something that I've never done before. I helped a little spider outside.

O_O

What is wrong with me?

Smoke said...

Oooh! If I had a car, I would come over there and cut it for you!

sdock10 said...

Wow, you helped a spider? That's strange. I helped a little green lizard off my truck earlier. I really didn't think he wanted to hitch a ride to Mama's house.

*shudders*

Nuh uh.


Yeah, I know you would cut it for me. Maybe next weekend. We can do a girls night with cut and color and American Psycho.

Whaddaya think?

Smoke said...

Sure! That would be soooo fun!

I wonder if PPU saw my red hair. O_o

sdock10 said...

PPU,

Did you see Smoke's red hair? I told her Jack White would be pleased with her.

I think she makes a smokin' hawt red head, but that's just me.

Smoke said...

It was so unintentional. That's what is so funny. I'm already thinking about going to have some really blonde chunks put around my face but leaving the rest.

Whatcha think?

sdock10 said...

Oooh, I think that would be cool, but you must leave that to the Pro's. Yeah, you totally should.

Smoke said...

Oh, most definitely. The wash-out stuff I do on my own. The permanent stuff? Ummm, no.

^_^

Gah, I'm bored.

sdock10 said...

S&M, now I am listening to S&M! How effin' cool is that?

You need a copy of this CD, for sure. I should make you one.

sdock10 said...

I'm bored too.

Smoke said...

O_o

sdock10 said...

Metallica, duh.

Smoke said...

No, I knew that. I was just going all O_o about you calling me S&M.

It looks weird when anyone else does it. Bwah!

sdock10 said...

Mustard,

Here is another one of my favorite Jennifer Nettles' songs:

Remain

Hang around, I don't have to make this one so heavy
Stick around, could I challenge or dare you to stay
I just don't know what it is that makes me this wonderer
All I know is I was put here to be in love and I want to remain that way.

I am tired of this bile that fills up my belly
Even more, of this fire that smokes in my eyes
All I want is a moment of peace, peace without boredom
And to forever remain breathless

Could you for once say it even if you aren't sure you have the balls to stick it out?
Could you stop sticking to this plan when you never have a day in your life
If for nothing else to grant me this moment to breathe, expand and let go

You say. "trust me, trust me I'll know when the time is best"
And I try my damnedest to make my voice sound like a smile, I swallow hard and I lie to you yes
'Cause my heart is so full that it's pushing it's way through these two ribs in my chest
But for now I'll force it to remain with my hand clutching my breast

Could you for once say it even if you aren't sure you have the balls to stick it out
Could you stop sticking to this plan when you never have a day in your life
If for nothing else to grant me this moment to breathe, expand and let go

farawaysoclose said...

hi guys!

i wanted to say that firstly RW your sis looks lovely!

and secondly i really like your hair princess!

Smoke said...

Thank you, FASC! :)

farawaysoclose said...

my pleasure princess!

resurrected wreck said...

My salsa looks like vomit.

Just sayin....


I was over at a friend's place Friday night eating nachos and watching Britcoms. There was one scene in a show called Garth Marenghi's Dark Place where a hospital patient blows up & the room gets coated in a meaty bloody mess that looked a lot like chunky salsa. I had to stop eating. Put me right off salsa for ages, I fear!

Smoke said...

EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

resurrected wreck said...

Did I gross you out, S&V??

sdock10 said...

RW,

You didn't gross me out! It takes much more than that to gross me out. The salsa is nasty looking though.

resurrected wreck said...

Is it a chunky salsa, Solly?

sdock10 said...

Yep chunky creamy salsa.

resurrected wreck said...

Creamy??